Which golf feeling is best?

JayB

Reaction score
Handicap
Thinking about the moments that make me want to play. What shot keeps you coming back;
The high draw tee shot?
The putt that is dead on line and seeks the cup?
The flushed iron that you can drop in to a tucked pin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, it’s a well struck iron. Doesn’t matter if it winds up next to the pin. Some shots that felt perfect ended up in places I didn’t expect. If I hit it well, that matters more to me than where it ends up. That’s why I like hitting balls into my net. I love that feeling of hitting one flush.

Flushed iron exactly to distance or perfectly judged pitch shot.

A pured mid/long iron to inside 5 feet. When well struck, I’m not sure there is a better feeling.

For me it's now hitting the shot I want to hit. I've worked all summer on hitting draws and fades when I want and I'm finally almost there. So maybe it's a "command" thing - and this weekend I had the command all weekend. It was really fun.

Played today and hit some sweet drives on the sweet spot with Callaway Supersoft and Max balls ... great feel in the hands ... get some Chrome Soft x-out balls in a few days delivered to my mail box and looking forward to hitting a high end course with those next week ...

Good Golfing ...

Hitting the shot I envision before I hit it.

Flushed long iron for sure.

I get jacked up when I hit a bunker shot that makes that beautiful “thump” sound and the ball comes out highand spiny then checks up when it hits the green.

Flushed iron shaped to a tight pin is pretty sweet, but I'm going with perfectly controlled wedge to gimmie range. Hole essentially over.

I’ve always been the flushed iron guy, but in recent rounds i’ve hit some long putts that the moment they left the club i knew they were in. Walking a putt in is my current jam.

There is nothing imo better than the feel ans sound and flight of a well hit iron shot, but honestly I been playing so many years and struggling so many years that any shot at all that does what I wanted feels great as any other regardless. Any good one leaves a great feeling. When most shots are not great through the bag anyone that is great is a great feeling. It really doesnt matter to me anymore whch one. All the bad ones are just another screw-up and all the good ones are awesome.

Rolling that ball directly in the hole! Never gets old.

Flushed iron shot

When you have not played for a while due to restrictions/ lockdown/ covid .. and you look at your golf syllabus for your golf group and realise it’s a week or so away and the lock down ends …
so looking forward to playing again and it’s spring and warming weather .. daylight saving about to kick in 😀😀😀
Happy days )

#1 will always be a high and straight crushed drive.

#2 would be a flop shot that drops in from outer space and just dies by the pin.

I’ve always been the flushed iron guy, but in recent rounds i’ve hit some long putts that the moment they left the club i knew they were in. Walking a putt in is my current jam.

This for me too.

Lots of great feels to pick from but the flushed long iron is tough to beat.

I have to say it's the flushed iron that sets off straight at the pin and never leaves it. Love when you barely even feel the ball hit the club face and you know it's going to be a peach.

Anytime the shot does what I want it to. Be it a driver, iron or putt. It's a great feeling to have that solid connection and know that what your brain wanted to happen your body just made happen.

My "best feeling" isn't really about any particular shot, but more about my 36 year old son rediscovering the game this year. He's totally addicted and drags me out to play even when I don't feel like it.

C'mon old man!

He came close to beating me the other day while playing a late 9 holes and I could tell he was really bearing down. ;)

I can't wait till he's kicking my ass...... and it's not far away at this point. (y)

I'm totally re-energized.

Last edited:
My "best feeling" isn't really about any particular shot, but more about my 36 year old son rediscovering the game this year. He's totally addicted and drags me out to play even when I don't feel like it.

C'mon old man!

He came close to beating me the other day while playing a late 9 holes and I could tell he was really bearing down. ;)

I can't wait till he's kicking my ass...... and it's not far away at this point. (y)

I'm totally re-energized.
You could always turn the game into a contact sport and keep winning lol:egyptian: my sons 30 and plays off, 10 ish with driving par 4s covers, 300 metres …. l wish l could thump it like him , but he’s 6 foot 4 and a bit so it a big arc for the club 😀👍

At the moment, I love the feel and sound of a clean iron hit.

Back