Which golf feeling is best?

All that rubbish in my previous post said. First shot off the tee in a THP experience, as the high cap, with all eyes on you….in the fairway. THAT SHOT.

It’s rare that the tee shot is my favorite, but closest has been when i played Bethpage Black this spring. Audience of other groups around the first tee. Heckling from my buddies. Crushed a drive to the center of the fairway past the dogleg. Only one in our group that had a good tee shot. Felt the flex on that one….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to go with a crushed drive. Feeling the ball come off the face perfectly and the sound it makes. Man, I love that.

I've also been a mess with my driver this year so now that I'm getting it back under control, that feeling means a little more to me now lol

The hole seeking putt and the most wonderful sound in the world of that ball rattling in the cup.

The first tee at a THP Experience. Nothing comes close.

A putt hit online and at the right speed for me. That’s the only one that scores. You can do all the above mentioned things but if you miss the putt, it sours the shot a bit. Making the putt on the other hand can make up for all the not so great shots you hit.

99% of my golf life it has been a flushed iron shot.
Here lately it has been wonderful to hit a great drive that stays in the fairway.

It's all good! I particularly love to hit an escape/trouble shot out of the woods and onto the green for a birdie, especially when an opponent is standing in the fairway by his ball, eagerly waiting for me to mess up the hole!

I choose draining a mid to long-range putt.

Got to be the flushed iron shot to the tucked pin for me.

Searching greenside for your ball without success and then finding the ball in the hole.

Making 120 feet of putts in one day. I haven’t done it in over a decade but I did it today with 3 putts over 20 feet made and another that was 40+ feet. If I hadn’t had a couple dumb double bogeys it would have been a stellar scoring day.

I have to go with the flushed iron approach shot that sets up a birdie. There's nothing better. Well there is... it's the flushed approach shot that sets up a short eagle. (then there's the disappointment when the putt lips out followed by a grumble when you tap in the birdie - yes I've done this)

Flushed iron shot, without a doubt. A little over a month ago I had 167 yard shot to the green on my final hole. I had to barely (and I mean BARELY) draw it around a tree. Absolutely flushed a 7i that bent perfectly around the tree and looked like it was actually going to be long (to a pin tucked in the back). It hit about a foot from the back fringe and backed up about 7 feet to within 6 inches. It's a shot I'll remember for the rest of my life. The sound? Perfect. The feel? Butter. The result? I finally birdied my nemesis hole (#18 Bison Golf Club). That hole is an absolute round wrecker for me and I finally slayed the dragon with the absolute perfect iron shot. :love:

I have to agree with many others in this thread. For me, besides stepping to the first tee on a beautiful cool morning, is a flushed mid iron - no better feeling to me.

Don't get me wrong, I love all good golf shots -- tee, iron, putts, an amazing chip, whatever. They're all great.

But the best feeling is a flushed iron shot close to the pin. Yep.

Steel shafted Persimmon driver catching a balata ball right in the sweet spot. Nothing like it. If you never experienced it you just can’t understand.

Other than the good feels from the kids playing, I love the feeling of smashing a drive right out of the sweet spot. Followed closely by a pure four or five iron shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any flushed shot that comes out just as I’d envisioned. It’s just so satisfying! Between the sound and watching your ball through its flight… it’s really something else.

As much as I love a flushed iron, the putt that tracks perfectly is my oasis.

I love seeing the ball fly in that ideal, envisioned path, so the tee shot would make sense, but it’s always accompanied by an exhaled sense of relief that takes some of the thrill out of it. I really love a 5 or 6 iron that takes that long flight to the green!

Back