Which GPS app do you use?

Lately I've taken to using the GHIN app. I don't use the GPS features as much as I do the score/stat keeping. You can enter score, FIR, GIR and putts, and then it automatically posts your round to your GHIN account at the end. The GPS info in the free version is feature limited compared to the paid version, but for most people it would be serviceable enough.

I have a bad habit of loading my phone up with different golf apps and proceed to forget that I have them to use. I get so caught up just using my range finder and playing that I don’t take the time to use the apps.

Was using Grint. Recently got a Garmin rangefinder that has GPS built in to its smart display and have since stopped using Grint

I use Golf Pad, but this will be the first year using it with my Samsung Watch 4 and tracking shots and clubs. I'm very interested how useful this will be.

SwingU. And I’m pretty surprised I’m the first one to mention it. It seems to be what most of the guys at my course use

Have never used GPS of any type. Rangefinder was my go to, always. Now that GPS is part of GHIN, I’ve been using that and the stat tracking as well.

Have never used GPS of any type. Rangefinder was my go to, always. Now that GPS is part of GHIN, I’ve been using that and the stat tracking as well.
I love the scoring/stat tracking in the GHIN app. I still use my Garmin watch for GPS distances on the course because it's just a quick glance at my wrist and I don't have to mess around with my phone, but it's easy enough to punch my stats into the phone app sitting at the next tee box while somebody else hits. I used to write them on the scorecard and then manually enter everything into GHIN on my computer after I got home - now I just hit "Post Score" at the end of the round and it's all done. Quick and easy.

I don't use an app on the course as I have my Garmin watch, but I have the SwingU app on my phone if I want to look at a course I have never played before

I use the Garmin watch for distances to front/middle/back and never really use an app. Although if I need distance to a hazard or something like that, I'll open the Arccos app to get the number as I find this incredibly fiddly with the watch.

Arccos and The Grint.
I use the Grint for my handicap and I like how you can track scores across groups.
It would be neat at say the Morgan Cup to see live leaderboard updates each hole.

I really only use the Grint for GPS if Arccos is being flaky which it occasionally it will be.

I've used the Grint the past couple of seasons, this year I will be switching to Precision Pro to pair up with the Aces Speaker. Looking forward to getting it out there!

I haven’t used many, but have used Grint & my Garmin app for GPS on the course.

I use the Garmin watch for distances to front/middle/back and never really use an app. Although if I need distance to a hazard or something like that, I'll open the Arccos app to get the number as I find this incredibly fiddly with the watch.
Which Garmin have you got? I have got the S62 and hazards are easy enough to cycle through - just tap one of the hazards on the screen then use the up and down arrows to move between them all and it gives you front and back distances to them

Which Garmin have you got? I have got the S62 and hazards are easy enough to cycle through - just tap one of the hazards on the screen then use the up and down arrows to move between them all and it gives you front and back distances to them
I've got the S60, but I've not really dug into it that deeply I think. The touch screen seems a little clunky and takes a fair while to respond for the most part, but there is every chance on it being user error.

I've got the S60, but I've not really dug into it that deeply I think. The touch screen seems a little clunky and takes a fair while to respond for the most part, but there is every chance on it being user error.
Hmmm, I don't find the screen on my S62 to be slow to respond - must be you :ROFLMAO:

Hmmm, I don't find the screen on my S62 to be slow to respond - must be you :ROFLMAO:
It will not surprise you to learn that you're not the first person to have said that :LOL:

Back