Which high tech fitting should I go with??

tgtt

Reaction score
Handicap
I would do the Tee Time Golf option. It appears to be very comprehensive and as an added bonus, I looks like you can hit things outside on a range. Getting the data can be nice, but being able to see what the ballflight is doing can also be important.

As far as your distances go, a fitting won't help much with that. Borrow/buy a rangefinder and head to the course on a calm day when it isn't busy and take notes. Take shots from different distances and see what the results are. Once you get a few distances nailed down, they rest should just fall into place.

If you do some searching around the home page and the forum, you will see how many people have been to GolfTEC and how good they are. They are also a big part of THP with the Ask the Pro section helping THP members each week. I have been to GolfTEC and find their system to be one of the best out there especially with what you are looking for. They also have what you are looking for ideally in which they analyze your bag with you and make sure you have your distances dialed in and lofts are correct.

Golftec is impressive, top shelf instructors and fitters, and the fitting is as comprehensive as you can get.

I would do the Tee Time Golf option. It appears to be very comprehensive and as an added bonus, I looks like you can hit things outside on a range. Getting the data can be nice, but being able to see what the ballflight is doing can also be important.

As far as your distances go, a fitting won't help much with that. Borrow/buy a rangefinder and head to the course on a calm day when it isn't busy and take notes. Take shots from different distances and see what the results are. Once you get a few distances nailed down, they rest should just fall into place.

Thanks for the input.

As for the rest, as I stated in the OP, those are the only 2 in my area. I am not driving 3+ hours to the nearest GolfTec. If they were substantially closer then it would be a no-brainer.

Now, back to the original question, does anyone have any experience with either option in the OP?

That was my mistake, I read the GolfETC as GolfTEC.

That was my mistake, I read the GolfETC as GolfTEC.

No problem.

Surely I can't be the only one living in hickville with limited options.

tgtt

Are both of these outside? I agree with the previous poster that being outside is definitely a bonus as seeing your actual ball flight can be helpful for some. Personally I just never get comfortable hitting into a net 10 feet in front of me, often in a fairly small room, so being outside is also a comfort thing for me.

I was fitted for irons, FW & driver this year. Both sessions were conducted on the Flightscope system. I was very satisfied with the experience. The results with my irons have been great. Just received my driver & 3W so time will tell with those, though I'm pretty comfortable that they will be great as well.

The bigger issue to me, rather than the systems being used, is the fitter that you're working with. I was referred to my fitter by my league partner, whose opinion I trust, and I still researched some before settling on him. I would recommend asking around with the guys you play with. If you don't play with anyone who has been fitted, perhaps with the pros at the local clubs you play. A reputable fitter will make a difference in your experience and (IMO) is infinitely more likely to get it right the first time.

Hope that helps! Whichever way you decide to go, have fun. I really enjoyed my fitting sessions. Especially the driver part!

In my in-depth research (read: looking at the websites) I would go with the GolfEtc. They seems have to the most options in terms of shaft makers available. While I'm sure TrueTemper has a shaft that will fit you fine, why limit yourself to one company. Whereas GolfEtc has a more complete line of OEM's and shaft companies to fit you to.

Being able to see actual ball flight is the key for me. My fitter has the indoor equipment and a lot of time is spent there, but he also does some of the work outdoors to see the total results. This is very important to me. I doubt I could make myself commit to a lot of money for new clubs based only on indoor electronic monitor's.

I definitely agree that hitting outside (PureLaunch) is a huge advantage, and something I'd much prefer, but I think I'm sold on FlightScope after watching YouTube videos all morning. There are some PureLaunch videos but not as many. While they appear to about the same the FlightScope is a little more in depth with a few more options. I'll make phone calls to confirm my findings and hopefully get this done within the next couple of weeks.

Thanks all.

Did you end up going with a Golf Etc fitting? I am thinking that is the route I'm going to take in the next week or two.

Did you end up going with a Golf Etc fitting? I am thinking that is the route I'm going to take in the next week or two.

No, not yet. Working LOTS of OT and it is only getting worse with like 9 days off in Sept.

If you do go please let me know your thoughts.

No, not yet. Working LOTS of OT and it is only getting worse with like 9 days off in Sept.

If you do go please let me know your thoughts.

Will do, my swing is in a mini-funk right now. As soon as I get it sorted out I will be headed up there to get a fitting.

I'd say bite the bullet and when you have a good chance, take the 3 hour trip to golftec (if they're as top notch as everyone says, i've never been there so I cannot personally attest). If you're going to get something like this done, why take a chance? Get it done right by the best

I ended up getting fitted at Golf Etc, and I couldn't be happier.

Tgtt, check out my thread I posted last night for a review.

I ended up getting fitted at Golf Etc, and I couldn't be happier.

Tgtt, check out my thread I posted last night for a review.

Will do. Thanks.

Back