Which Iron Get The Most Use In your Bag?

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
Just wondering which iron or irons in your bag get the most useage. In my case it would probably have to be either the 8i or the 9i.

On par 3s it’s probably a 7 iron. Anywhere else I’m pretty much driver 54° or driver 58°

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5i, it's my comfort club, so it sees fairway and tee action.

Depends on the course I'm playing & the length but I'd have to say the 50* gap wedge. It's my go-to wedge around the greens & from 100 yards & in. (y)

Just got a new set in December so I haven't had a chance to use them out on a real course yet. I have been working on a simulator every week and if those numbers are true to form for me, my 9 will be getting the most use out on the home track.

Toss up between the 6i and 9i.

I only play 6 - 9 so out of those I would say the 8. I probably play my 5 hybrid the most of any of the other non wedges or putter.

6I, 7I & SW.

6i or 8i

Probably the 9 iron. Unfortunately, a decent amount of it's use is hitting low hooking shots out of trees.

Just wondering which iron or irons in your bag get the most useage. In my case it would probably have to be either the 8i or the 9i.

About the same here. 9i to 8i is a distance range that I end up with a lot. I also try, emphasis on try, to do more lower flight punchy shots with those two clubs.

My arccos data shows the 8i is the winner, but I use it around the green a lot. A much safer play for me is the bump shot with a pressed 8i. to "putt" from off the green. In full swing mode, this would suggest that the 7i has a slight edge in usage. I left my 54-60 wedges out of this since I use them for more than full swings. the 54 CB2 crushes all the rest in usage.

5i : 3
6i : 48
7i : 59
8i : 87
9i : 23
PW : 23
GW : 31

Probably 7iron and 50* wedge

9 with my 54 a close second.

Seems like I pull my 8i the most. Would be interesting to track this for a year, but it seems to be my dirtiest club when I go to clean them, so I'll go with this! I also seem to be the most comfortable with my 8i as well.

Thinking back I would venture my gw was used the most for my irons. Used alot from 100 and in for anything from full swings to chipping.

2hybrid and PW.

My 52 deg wedge definitely. I use it for so much due to confidence.

If wedges count 58* if it has to be an iron I would guess the 9.

7 iron or 54* wedge

7 and 9...

My SW...it is my go to for chips, pitches which occur often with my poor iron play

Mine is the sand wedge. I hit so short these days even on most of the par 4s I am hitting my third shot into the green with a SW. It sure helps hone my short game though. I already play from the senior tees so I can't move up to the next set of tees as my wife plays there now and she does not want me playing from the same tees. We enjoy playing against each other and that would give me a large advantage.

Had to think about this for a bit. Decided it was my sand wedge. Not that I am in the sand alot, but because 90% of my chip shots are attempted with this club.

PW or 56* wedge.

I love hitting that 125 yard shot and 95 yard shot.

Back