Which iron set do you wish you still had in the bag?

Original black DCIs. They were money. I played my very best golf with them and finally took them out of my bag after 18 years. Feel wise, the PTX Pros remind me of them. So solid.

I still have them - 1-PW. I hit the 1 iron fantastically well for a few months but it left me suddenly. One day I could hit 250 straight as an arrow off the tee, the next day I couldn't hit 100.

Not sure if I wish they were in the bag, since I do like the HF2s, but I still wish I had the 716CB/Recoil 110 combo I had. Broke PB twice when I was playing those.

My Morgan Cup Cobra set, the amp cells I believe they were, with the Kuro Kage Shafts, such a smooth feeling set! Right now I'd take them 3-GW!

I like my G25's and will keep them for a while. But I did enjoy the heck out of my Eye 2's. I even had a 2 iron that I could hit once in a while.

My first good set that I bought. Tommy Armour 845s. I used to regularly test my irons and woods against the new products and those 845s came out on top until the Ping Zings. I, then, loaned my 845s to my FIL and never saw them again!

I think my current Titleist setup is the best I have ever had. I have been playing my best golf with them and beating my handicap in cold windy weather which is stupid. I will put a set that I want really bad just to have around. I have been looking at a set of the 718 CB's for 3 years now because to me they are so darn good looking. I would love to get a set and use it for sunday 9's from time to time. I am just waiting till I find the right price/quality/shaft combo to pull the trigger.

I don’t have any older sets that I miss as everything I have move on has been an improvement both from a look and technology perspective. I have a new to me set in mind but will probably keep what I have as get very little for them and if they perform I would like to take them out for awhile and switch things up.

Difference in ability will show here, Callaway Diablo. Played my best round with them.

I really loved my Bridgestone J36 Blades that I played about 10 years ago. However the Titleist MB's that I am playing now are some of the best irons I have had.

Ben Hogan 99 Apex/Apex Plus

I regret selling my Callaway Tour Authentic X-Prototype irons, though if I still had them they would be a bit long in the tooth. I loved the look, feel, and performance. If Callaway still manufactured them, I would get another set.

I’m not sure I hit an iron set better than my old set of i25. Though the first few rounds out with this Apex Combo set is giving them a run for their money.

Bridgestone j40 DPC, Srixon 745’s, Titleist 990’s

It's a first, and an odd feeling for me, but with my current set, there's no prior set for which I carry a torch.

I think it's more likely that one day I'm going to have those feelings toward my current set.

I only wish I had the GAME to play a preferred set from the past. Because I don't, what I play is just fine.

But if I had the game, a couple of favorite sets were the KZG Forged Blades, Tommy Armour EVO V-31 845 R.O. Blades and the Mizuno MP-52's. Incidentally, all 3 sets had/have Rifle Tour Flighted 6.0 shafts.

I still have my V-31's and MP-52's... as if I'll be touched with a magic wand for the requisite precision again.

REALLLLLLY Like my current set up with Mizuno, but I do miss my set of i3 OS from when I was a teenager.

My first year Hogan Edges. I loved them. They were stolen out of my car one night. I was in mourning for awhile. However- many years later, I was able to get my hands on a set of Ft. Worth Edges from a few years later. Still have those and are ready.... just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

714 AP2s

Still have them. Taylormade Burner 2.0 irons. I've bought a few sets of newer irons but they haven't been better then the Burner 2.0"s.

I don't know if I wish I had them in the bag... but I miss the heck out of my Nike Vapor Pro Combos.

None that I would rather be playing than the J15 CBs I have in the bag now.

I would like to have my high school set, circa-1978 Top-Flite Tour Pro irons (with the circled bird/golf ball), for a couple of range sessions at least. While I'd drop the 2-5 irons, the 6-PW were some of the sweetest feeling blades I've ever owned.

My friend often comments that he wishes he still had his Callaway X-16 irons.

I still regret trading in my 2012 Taylormade Tour Preferred MC irons :( ... when I worked at golf galaxy and got certified as a TM fitter, I got 50% off all clubs and a $1500 limit. Bought a combo of p790 and p770. I couldn't wait to get rid of that setup fast enough

Back