Which iron set do you wish you still had in the bag?

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
A lot of us have changed irons fairly frequently. Whether it's looking for something better, a different style, or the result of getting into a THP Event/Experience. But if you are honest with yourself, is there a set you look back on that you wish you still had in play and didn't move on from?

Dig my current Hybrid Iron setup.

:bridgestone:J15 DPF best irons I've gamed especially since I added the :TrueTemper: Elevate Tours

Best part when I yearn for the B in the bag, I can still play them whenever I want, didn’t make the mistake of getting rid of them.

PING S55 or Nickent 4DX Pro's

The truth is none, but just to play along I'll say J40 DPC.

• Staff
Really no regrets with the way my current set performs for me. The only set that I got rid that I wish I didn't were the Hogan Apex Edge Pros from around 15 years ago. Selling them was dumb just because I wanted to be in compliance with the new groove rule.

The Srixon 745's I had a couple years ago I wish I wouldn't have sold. I absolutely loved those irons.

A set of PING ISI K that I played in the late 90s and early 2000s. Maybe it was because I was playing more at the time and was an 11-12 handicap , but those irons, despite their interesting shape ,were very good to me. I still have them in my basement, including a 3 iron with its original grip in very, very good condition (sets used to come standard at 3-PW and I never hit the 3iron, gaming a 5 wood and 7 wood).

Hard to choose, but I would say the Mizuno MP-15's. Those where just great looking and performed wonderfully.

I'm in the J40 DPC camp also. Those are kind of the measuring stick that I judge irons on.

I'm in the J40 DPC camp also. Those are kind of the measuring stick that I judge irons on.

they were just so damn good.

Had a set of Ping ISI Nickel irons. So soft hitting them on the sweeet spot, equal or better than a forged. I really didn't like the looks at address but the way it performed and the feel was outstanding. I got rid of them because I wanted something that "looked" better. Oh well, live and learn.

I didn't like them anymore than my current 0311T's, but the only irons I actually miss are my J15 CB's.

Bridgestone was in a really great place that year and have yet to get back IMO.

20150205_152103-L.jpg

1574698587845.png

No regrets here. Switched back to my 588 Altitudes late this season which have been the best performing irons for my game that I’ve tried.
Luckily I Kept them around after being fit in 2018.

I didn't like them anymore than my current 0311T's, but the only irons I actually miss are my J15 CB's.

Bridgestone was in a really great place that year and have yet to get back IMO.

20150205_152103-L.jpg

agreed, top to bottom these were such a great line. I even enjoyed the cast option they had

The idea behind this thread is why I don't want to sell my recently retired irons. I'm okay with selling a driver, wedges, etc without a second thought, but iron play is the lifeblood of my game, and I'm kinda terrified to part with the ones that got me here.

Well if I went back and kept my mizuno 825 pros, I would have saved a lot of money haha.

If i could get them again it would be the Adams Idea Black CB3 Forged. Those irons were so underrated and performed well for me.

If i could get them again it would be the Adams Idea Black CB3 Forged. Those irons were so underrated and performed well for me.

oh man those were a good set. I kind of forgot about them until you mentioned.

The only irons that I've ever played relatively close to as well as I'm playing my current irons are my Wishons. I still have them... for now.

oh man those were a good set. I kind of forgot about them until you mentioned.

The first set that introduced me into the KBS Tour 90 shafts and it just set up well for me.

Bridgestone J40 DPC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only 2 that I kinda regret selling (miss) have been the Bridgestone j15 CB’s & Ping iblades. Just sold my Taylormade p760’s so I may be adding those to the list shortly

Back