Which iron set do you wish you still had in the bag?

changing mine

Nike VPC. If I could find a really clean almost like new set, I’d go back to them.

TaylorMade Burner 2.0 for me as well. I really wish I had not sold them. Those irons were amazing for me despite my swing being even worse then than it is now.

A lot of us have changed irons fairly frequently. Whether it's looking for something better, a different style, or the result of getting into a THP Event/Experience. But if you are honest with yourself, is there a set you look back on that you wish you still had in play and didn't move on from?

Every golf club that I've ever owned is decorating my man cave. If I wanted to play them, I guess replacement of dried up grips would be all that was required!

Every golf club that I've ever owned is decorating my man cave. If I wanted to play them, I guess replacement of dried up grips would be all that was required!

so whats the set that gets the first new batch of grips?

so whats the set that gets the first new batch of grips?
My first set of clubs were handed down to me by my uncle. They were the MacGregor Tommy Armour woods and Wilson Staff irons that he bought in 1954, shortly after returning from Korea. He gave them to me in the early sixties when he bought new clubs around the time I was taking up the game as an early teen.

The woods would probably crack, but the irons would be a hoot to try to hit now, as an old man!

I kinda wish I had gotten my Apex irons bent rather than giving them away, but otherwise, the irons I'm bagging are my absolute fave.

Mizuno TC-29. I loved those irons, but eventually loaned them to a friend...I never saw those clubs again.

Back