Which one, Odyssey O Works #7, Ping Sigma G Tyne or Scotty Cameron Futura 5W?

crazygolfnut

Let's have fun out there!
Reaction score
Handicap
It is time to find a new putter to replace my old Rife 2 Bar Hybrid. Considering the Odyssey O Works #7, Ping Sigma G Tyne, or the Scotty Cameron Futura 5W. They all look about the same so I am wondering what the differences are. Has anyone played all or any of these? Which one would you go with and why?

I know the Scotty is a lot more money.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Get all 3 and see which one works best for you. You can always sell the one or two of the ones you don't want to keep if needed or simply put them in rotation. There problem solved. :D

I have found nothing that puts a better roll on the ball and sets up better than the O-Works #7, or me, plus it can be had for about half the price of a SC. Putters are so personal though, so if you can try before you buy!

I’m a believer in the O’Works face technology. It will give you a better roll than other two, IMO.

I always like the O Works 7 in the store ...

If you're considering Scotty money, you should at least wait a couple of weeks to try out the Odyssey EXO #7 with the added tech built in over the O Works #7, plus that head is bigger than the O Works #7 which may give you more confidence.

Of the 3 that you mentioned, all will feel a little different because the faces are different. Would be great if you could test them all in a store.

I switched to a Sigma G and love it. Great roll, an only 1 three putt in the last 5 rounds. It's definitely knocking strokes off my game.
They're all solid choices, but if $ makes a difference...The Sigma is a great way to go.

Only hit an O-Works briefly in store and liked the face, although it was not a head style I would have considered, but the face was noticeably different in a good way. I spent some time with the Sigma G Tyne and liked it very much. If your stroke is pretty much straight, I would recommend trying the Sigma G Doon CB (counterbalanced). It will feel different from the Tyne, and you will know pretty quickly whether it is for you or not.

As others have pointed out, excellent putters can be had in every price range. It follows, of course, that bad (for you) putters are also available in every price range. Which is why you really need to test them.

Look at my bag and you might think I'm a Ping homer, but I test a lot before I buy. I think the Sigma G line doesn't get enough love, given how good of a value they are.

Last edited:
I recently went to a golf Mart to have a new grip put on my O works 1W. Never really got along with it but have been working on my stroke and figured I would get it out of the closet and try the microhinge insert again, just didn't work for me in the beginning (or so I thought). While waiting on the grip I went over to the putting area and rolled scottys, spiders, and what ever else they had. On a whim I picked up the o works 7 tank, keep in mind I still at this point think I don't really get along with the microhinge face, and proceed to knock in 8 out of 10 10 foot putts. Thinking it's just a fluke I go back to a few others and then back to the 7. Same thing again, just putt after putt dropping. I ended up leaving with my 1W with its new grip and the 7.

I've now played 3 rounds with it and it's awesome. Something about it really sets up well to my eye and it rolls the ball great.

Of course everyone is different so if you can roll first before you buy great but my vote would be for the 7.

If you're considering Scotty money, you should at least wait a couple of weeks to try out the Odyssey EXO #7 with the added tech built in over the O Works #7, plus that head is bigger than the O Works #7 which may give you more confidence.

Of the 3 that you mentioned, all will feel a little different because the faces are different. Would be great if you could test them all in a store.

I second the EXO 7. I can see where people may not think the O Works insert is ideal because it is too soft feeling. If you want the similar performance but a firmer feel, the EXO is what you should look into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it is going to be between the Ping and the Odyssey. Hoping to try some out over the next couple of weeks.

Back