Which pair of True Linkswear should I get?

Just_Hacking

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I wanted to try to get some quick feedback from the True Linkswear golf shoe wearers out there. I won a pair of my choosing and I am trying to decide on which pair to get. I am probably going to place the order later today, but want to to try to get a some suggestions from my fellow THPer's that have owned them to help me determine which pair to get before I pull the trigger.

The Original, The Original 1.2, The True OG Feel, and the True Lux Knit are the top ones on my list. My conern with the OG Feel is how much water it can stand. We play early mornings most the time and the course is almost always damp or down right wet and I hate having wet feet.

Thanks for the input/feedback!!

Last edited:
The og feels are great but I'd probably go with the og 1.2's

The og feels are great but I'd probably go with the og 1.2's
Looks like the OG 1.2s are out of stock in my size. :(

If the Original 1.2 is out of stock, I would go with the Original, which is what I wear for most of my rounds. If it's dry then I wear the Eco Knit, but that hasn't been the case in awhile. The Originals will keep your feet dry.

Well yhe knit II which is what I would pick is out since you say you play morning, but even as a casual shoe. Hell even for when you happen to play afternoon in bad heat, might be good to have a pair like that (especially if you already have a shoe for those morning rounds)

The linksoul x true linkswear knit look real slick. Limited sizing available.

1617217849932.png

Do you have wide feet? If so I wouldn't recommend the LUX Knit. I have a few pairs and they're my least favorite due to being more narrow.

The Originals or OG 1.2 would both be great. The OG Feel isn't waterproof, but I've worn them plenty of times on dewy mornings and my feet stayed dry. The Originals are definitely more waterproof though, if that's an issue for you. I have two pair of OGs and one pair of OG Feels, love them all.

If you like the Eco Knits, they have a great BOGO sale going on right now - I've never tried them before, but at that price I bought two pair.

I think the True OG Feel seem like the best mix of them all!

Do they make a shoe with a soft spike?

Thanks for the input guys!! I decided to go with the Original. It was kind of a toss up between that and the OG Feel. I liked the color scheme of thet Nine Iron Grey in the OG the most so that ended up being the deciding factor. It was a tough choice.

Late but I like the Lux Line because I can wear the Lux Knit or Lux Pros everywhere.... they double as causal and golf shoes. In fact, the Lux Knit in Blue Heather are on my feet now

Didn't realize I was going to like these so much. I am in agreement with Des. I think we are of the same vintage.

Do they make a shoe with a soft spike?
No, their current models are all spikeless.

Honestly, I hope they stick with that. Their original ethos was spikeless, minimalist shoes with wide toeboxes, and despite the fact that some of their early models looked like clown shoes, they were very popular because of their comfort. The company played on the popularity and started releasing all kinds of new models to draw in more of the market - some with soft spikes, some with more conventional styling - but quality went down the tubes and their reputation took a lot of hits for that, as well as for "selling out" from their original design. The company basically disappeared, then reappeared later with some considerable restructuring of their ownership/management, and they've stayed truer to their roots since then. I sincerely hope they don't make the same mistake twice.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input guys!! I decided to go with the Original. It was kind of a toss up between that and the OG Feel. I liked the color scheme of thet Nine Iron Grey in the OG the most so that ended up being the deciding factor. It was a tough choice.
In the Originals I have Whiteout and Nine Iron Grey. The greys are my favorite pair, I wear a lot of navy and gray and they look good with it. Hope you enjoy them, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts after you get a few rounds in with them.

They have some shoes I would be interested in now but I am worried about the minimalist nature of them. I have Achilles issues and worry that these would bother them.

They have some shoes I would be interested in now but I am worried about the minimalist nature of them. I have Achilles issues and worry that these would bother them.
Not all their shoes are completely minimalist. Here's the chart from their website that lists the specs on all of them:

True.png

My issue with the original original and two years in is that the toe box was soooo wide that my big toes had bruises on them from going side to side and everywhere. So I avoid anything True that says "original."

My issue with the original original and two years in is that the toe box was soooo wide that my big toes had bruises on them from going side to side and everywhere. So I avoid anything True that says "original."
I can see where somebody with narrow feet could have that problem, the OG toe box is very generous. My feet aren’t so wide that I *need* extra wide shoes, but I prefer wider to narrower - I like the “barefoot” feel, and my feet are wide enough that they don’t slide around in there.

I’m just the opposite - I can’t wear the narrower shoes such as Puma, Nike, Adidas, etc., they kill my feet.

I can see where somebody with narrow feet could have that problem, the OG toe box is very generous. My feet aren’t so wide that I *need* extra wide shoes, but I prefer wider to narrower - I like the “barefoot” feel, and my feet are wide enough that they don’t slide around in there.

I’m just the opposite - I can’t wear the narrower shoes such as Puma, Nike, Adidas, etc., they kill my feet.

But ... I am a good "D" width.:cool: The Lux Line fits my toe without squishing or moving around. Now if I lose my 10 Covid Lbs, the length will fit better.

Back