Which Part of Your Game

What part of your game is the most rusty at beginning of the season?

• 1. Tee Game

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • 2. Iron Game

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • 3. Short Game

Votes: 35 61.4%
  • 4. Putting

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters

Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
We all experience it, a lay-off either due to weather or daily rigors of life. When you get back to playing which part of your game is the most rusty?

I voted short game even though I don’t really have a beginning of the season. I’ve played atleast 4 rounds every month. Still my short game is rusty.

Short game. It takes awhile to get the touch and finesse back.

I am not alone with short game rustiness.

Definitely short game, playing the touch and finesse shots around the green

Yep, short game. Need such feel on each shot, and a miss is usually a bad miss when it comes to the short game. Ball doesn't go anywhere, or it's a bladed shot that flys across the green.

I don't have a beginning or end to a season but my putting appears rusty about 14 out of every 15 rounds.

there is no beginning of season. it is year round here in west Texas. but dead grass and very tight chipping conditions makes the "start" of the season more of a challenge .

Iron game for me. Takes me awhile to find the consistency that I want from my irons. We don't have a long off season.

All of the touch shots are a bit rusty, even being able to hit balls all winter, I don’t get a chance to play out of rough or deal with uneven stances that happen around the green.

Probably my tee shots. I need to get in some reps each season before that comes around.

No doubt. Short game.

Anything more touch/feel related will always be the worst. Chipping/pitching takes some time and practice to get back the feel of it. Putting is next, but with indoor putting mats there is a way to combat that portion. Full swings aren't too bad, but ground contact usually can suffer if you struggle with hitting it fat. So I said short game here.

Jealous about all you fellas commenting that you don't have an end of the season. I will be one of you here in a few months.

For me it is the short game. Those finesse shots need repetition & will take me a few rounds to get that touch back.

Been playing 18 in a sim once a week for most of the winter. Never having done something like this before I don't know effect it will have when I finally get back outside. Hopefully, it will have a good effect. ?

For me its tee game. But its always tee game for me. Its day to day really but when its on I have great rounds. When its off, everything else suffers.

Without question, it's the short game for me. Usually takes me some time and practice to get that part of my game up to an acceptable level.

I've been working my short game on the sim but it's not the same. I've got my swing broken down by thirds with the wedges but it's hard to tell rollout on a screen.

Short game for sure. Usually my driving and iron play are pretty good because I don't have any expectations early in the season. My chipping & wedge play on the other hand ..... o_O

I went with my "T Game". Specifically my driver.

In my golf reality, I don't have a golf season, since I play year around. There might be 20 +/-, off, and on days from 12/1 to 2/28 where the weather keeps me off the course. Weather thats associated with a cold wind.

I tend to neglect practicing with my driver, and that's where the rust sets in first. I practice the parts of my game I use the most when playing. I don't use my driver that much.

Short game for sure, it has never been really solid but it's always worse after winter.

Without question I went short game, mainly touch and feel near and around the greens.

Coming back from a couple of medical layoffs, my short game was horrendous.

Back