• Total voters

Scooby45

Use data, get better.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
10ish
Which one and why?

The Alphacat is as good of a golf shoe as I’ve worn. The stability is off the charts good and comfort is second to none.

I haven’t tried the Ignite, but the Alphacat is a great shoe. Real comfortable, wears and cleans up well, good grip.

My heels chew thru the material on the ignites. 2 pairs it’s happened with.

I’d have to go with alpha cats bc it’s a different material inside and it doesnt wear as fast, for me.

Proadapt Alphacats are my favorite golf shoe. Super comfortable I could wear them all day. Gives me all the stability I need. Just an awesome shoe.

I vote Alphacats because that's what I have. And you know I'm kind of a big deal 🙃

alphacat is fan freaking tastic

Alphacat for me. Super waterproof and very good grip on the ground.

Alphacat by a very long tail.

Alphacats are so freaking comfortable.

Guess we can lock this one down as I start another to decide what color 😂

Likely going boa for something different unless anyone here strongly would advise against it

Guess we can lock this one down as I start another to decide what color 😂

Likely going boa for something different unless anyone here strongly would advise against it
I've never been a boa fan, but I love Lock Laces in my golf shoes.

Looks like I may need to do an Alphacat fitting and see if I can find a wide width which off the shelf is very difficult. I like their visual styling but all my pairs are so narrow I had to size up at least a size so I feel like I am wearing flippers. Sounds like a great shoe.

How are they for heavy dew/rain waterproofing? In comparison the only shoe I have had any success with for 5 hour waterproofing is the Ecco Gortex brand and I have tried all the major brands.

I went Ignite because I have like 6 pairs and love all of them. But don’t sleep on the Alphacat. Also a phenomenal shoe.

That said, I do stick in a heel protector in all my Ignite shoes because I was wearing through the heel material pretty quickly. But once that was in, it’s great!

I don’t think you lose wither way. I would say the alphacat is a smidge smaller in the toebox so depending on your footshape, take that into consideration.

Do not be afraid of the boa. I love the simplicity of not having to tie your shoes. I have worn some form of quicklace system (not just in golf shoes) for quite a while and it is strange for me to actually tie shoes 🤣

Love the way Puma continues to innovate with its shoes.

Back