rghilljr

Reaction score
Handicap
I found a 907 D2 Titleist Head with no shaft. I swing a stiff flex. Which shaft do I need to get? I don't want to spend a lot but dont want cheap either.

What are you hoping for out of a shaft? I don’t recall much about that head anymore but I’m sure someone knows quite a bit.

What are you hoping for out of a shaft? I don’t recall much about that head anymore but I’m sure someone knows quite a bit.
Well...I'm not sure. I've been swinging a TM regular flex and then my playing partner started using a stiff flex. After hitting that one, I was a little more consistent.

Loaded question! Lot that goes into a shaft.
I'm biased and will say try Project X Riptide 6.0. Its a ridiculous shaft.

Otherwise we need more info or a video of your swing.

Was your regular shaft just the stock Ping TFC found in the G-10 Driver? Do you know what shaft your friend uses?

I would suggest an Aldila VS Proto in stiff or an Aldila NV in Stiff. Both can be had for cheap either new or on ebay and have broad enough shaft profiles where different golfers can fall into.

VS proto is Mid launch and spin, NV is technically low launch and spin but if you have a quicker and aggressive transition you probably can get that NV up in the air just fine. I barely feel a difference between the two, but an NV tipped 1/2" more than Aldila tipping instructions has been my go-to for heads and woods for my own clubs when I end up getting fit for a $300 shaft and dont feel like spending that. .

Are you doing the work yourself? You need bore-thru shaft tips and a method to finish that exposed shaft tip on the bore thruu.

Back