Which stock Maverik shaft is closest to GD AD DI 5S

Chef23

2023 Srixon Experience
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am thinking about picking up a Maverik. I am probably going to try my GD AD DI 5S in it but I would like to get a shaft that I might like with the club. The options seem to be the PX Riptide and the Rogue White. I am probably thinking the 60-65g shaft in either of them. Of course hitting them would be the right thing but that isn't really an option and I have money burning a hole in my Paypal account. I appreciate any feedback.

The RipTide has a pretty linear EI Profile curve whereas the ADDI 5S has a softer butt section but stiffer mid section and the tips are fairly similar. That's comparing the ADDI 5S and the RipTide 50S. I don't have EI data yet on the Rogue White 130 MSI, but it will be the highest balance point of the 3. The RipTide is still higher in balance point than the ADDI. Neither of the stock shafts will play similar to the ADDI, but I would pick Rogue White if I were having to make the choice.

The RipTide has a pretty linear EI Profile curve whereas the ADDI 5S has a softer butt section but stiffer mid section and the tips are fairly similar. That's comparing the ADDI 5S and the RipTide 50S. I don't have EI data yet on the Rogue White 130 MSI, but it will be the highest balance point of the 3. The RipTide is still higher in balance point than the ADDI. Neither of the stock shafts will play similar to the ADDI, but I would pick Rogue White if I were having to make the choice.

Thanks. I was trying to pick something that was a stock offering. I will likely stick with the ADDI but always like to try new stuff.

Riptide is not similar to the DI or Rogue Silver 130.

I play the Riptide and love it as it compares well with shafts that have fit me well in the past like the NV and Whiteboard type profiles.

Rogue Silver 130, DI-6, Blueboard, are more similar profiles with soft mids.

2D932301-371A-4CFC-B704-A3920E8EFE71.png3CB9E017-7E7D-4B76-98AF-089BC99BB376.pngA686D499-3B28-41D9-8474-4CD9AF632AEE.png

I have a Rogue white on the way. We will see how I like it.

Back