Which Tee Box Do You Play From? Why?

that an interesting way to look at it. But why a 120-160 approach? I think its fun having to hit a hybrid in. Not on every hole of course but you get the jist. Not arguing here, just wondering, I dont care how you play your round as long as your enjoying yourself! :)

I've got 120-160 pretty well dialed in with my irons, so that usually gives me about 6 to 9 GIR per round. I need to practice with my hybrids so I can be a little more consistent and comfortable with them, but that doesn't mean I shy away from trying to bomb one onto the green on a shortish par 5. :D

I've got 120-160 pretty well dialed in with my irons, so that usually gives me about 6 to 9 GIR per round. I need to practice with my hybrids so I can be a little more consistent and comfortable with them, but that doesn't mean I shy away from trying to bomb one onto the green on a shortish par 5. :D

haha, I hear that, it sure is fun hitting 2 onto a par 5. I have been playing to a number on most par 5's lately and it has def worked out for me. I will try if I have a reasonable chance in 2. I understand you have the 120-160 club dialed in, but your taking the challenge out of golf now....haha, I kid. golf is hard enough right. thanks for the response.

haha, I hear that, it sure is fun hitting 2 onto a par 5. I have been playing to a number on most par 5's lately and it has def worked out for me. I will try if I have a reasonable chance in 2. I understand you have the 120-160 club dialed in, but your taking the challenge out of golf now....haha, I kid. golf is hard enough right. thanks for the response.

Okay, maybe "dialed in" is too strong. Just last week I had a 135 yd approach shot, uphill lie, and I totally chunked it! I could swear I took about a 2 foot long divot. Sheesh. Not one of my better shots. :embarrassed:

We always play from the whites. We're all pretty short hitters and it just doesn't make sense to play from the blues...

Since I usually walk on as a single, I play from whatever the others are hitting from. Since I'm a short hitter I used to think I should play from the white tees to speed up play, but now I think it's faster to just have everyone hit from one tee. On my local muni, GIRs are the exception rather than the rule, anyway.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

My home course is 5900 from the whites tees. The blues are 6200. I play from the whites. It is a confidence builder for me. When I go to a nicer course I like to play on the tees one box from the tips. Or 6300 to 6600 yards. I know my abilities, I don't let other players "force" me to play from a box I'm not comfortable in.

My home course has three sets of tees, black (mens) silver (senior) and gold (ladies). It is 6100 yards from the black which is a really good length for me at my age (49).
I think you should play whatever tee makes it the most fun. I often ask when I play a new course what tee they recommend based on my index (12).

I usually play from the "whites". Around here courses usually have red, white, blue, and occasionally black also. I was a littled baffled when I played Bandon Dunes and they had something crazy like 6 or 8 sets of tees. I asked the starter to help pick the tees for me based on handicap.

Blues, I have since high school. I feel it's how far you hit the ball that determines where you should play from.

What Tees do you play from?

What Tees do you play from?

Hope this is not a repeat thread - I did search!

So, what tees do you play from? I am 58 years old and after lumbar surgery 2 years ago, I have lost a bit of flexibility, however my control skills and short game still afford me a 8 handicap. I typically play from a set of tees that are in the 6000 to 6200 yard range for a par 72. My average drive goes 210 to 220 (ish) and I can occasionally poke one 240. This usually gets me near or inside the 150 mark on regular par 4s and I almost never go for par 5s in two. This seems about right. You guys/gals?:act-up:

I'd say you're playing from the proper tees sdandrea1

Men's front most of the time. Every now and then I play the backs, but that's not too often except when the course is slow and I'm by myself. The courses I play only have 3 sets of tees for the most part, ladies/juniors, mens front and mens back.

I just turned 60 which is age at our course and most in the middle ga area for seniors to move up to the senior tees. Each course varies in yardage but I am a legal eagle now so I am taking advantage of it. I still have to make putts and I am working on getting much better in that area. I have three great putters to choose from now and the SeeMore is the top dawg in the bag for now.

I usually play from the set one off of the back on 4 or more tee courses. If they only have three tees, I play from the back tees.

I play golf with my wife frequently. She often comments that there aren't many courses that have Ladies Tees that fit her game. She's a 32 handicap and can drive the ball about 150 yards - consistently in the fairway, but she rarely comes to a hole that she can reach the 150 marker with that drive. Her normal approach shot has to cover more distance than her drive. This is like me having to play 420 to 440 yard par 4s, and I rarely see those lengths from the men's 'regular' tees (6K to 6.2K yard layouts). She is at a disadvantage and this seems to be true for many of her friends, some of which are longer than her off the tee. I guess maybe some courses should have 2 sets of ladies tees?

I play from the back tees, and not because of ego. A 125 yard wedge shot is exponentially easier than a 50 yard wedge shot.

all depends on the course... i can play the tips on a bunch of courses around here cuz theyre pretty short 6200
but on a flat wide open course 6600 is close to my upper limits even tho ive played all 7200 of my home course before without much diff in my score
then there are courses like my brothers neighborhood course where its all target golf and distance doesnt really matter... the placement of the back tees is brutal as opposed to the middle ones... with terrible angles to the fw's and tree tunnels blah blah... not as much trouble from the middles so i play there

I normally try to play in the 6600 yard range. A lot of the time the guys I play with want to play in the 6200 yard range so that's where we play. A lot of the courses around here have 4 or 5 tee blocks, so normally I play blocks 3 or 4.

One of the things that drives me nuts is getting behind knuckleheads that can't break 120 on their best day, and they play from the tips. These guys also never seem to have the courtesy to let other groups through. Play from the tees that fit your ability....please?:at-wits-end:

I normally try to play in the 6600 yard range. A lot of the time the guys I play with want to play in the 6200 yard range so that's where we play. A lot of the courses around here have 4 or 5 tee blocks, so normally I play blocks 3 or 4.

I could only dream , we have 2 everywhere , even the tpc .

Really? I thought 4 was pretty well the norm. That's pretty surprising.

wait... there is only 2 tee choices? ladies and mens? tips and fronts? thats kinda strange

My game plan for May at PGA tour is to play the White tees. I will play the tees where I feel I can have the most fun . It will also give myself the opportunity to hit some of the longer par fours in reg. and play within my game.

Back