Which was your favourite TaylorMade driver?

I haven't been able to get many TaylorMade drivers to work for me but the original M1 was one of the best drivers I've ever owned. That thing was silly consistent for me and I rarely seemed to get in trouble with it.

The R9 SuperTri is the longest and most accurate TMAG driver I have ever used. I haven't tried any in the last few years though.

if you had an older driver you liked, what you can do is get a driver you like, go and get that old shaft and grip, get the same length, and you'll have something similar. This is good for people who dont want the new stuff which can happen because the new stuff is different than the old stuff. This is what i did. and when I did, the club fitter told me it was a bad idea, and dont do it, but i did it anyway and it worked well. The club i liked is from 2007, and the one i had the head broke at the hossel. So there was no way to get it back other than ebay, but i couldnt find one.

No recent TM experience. The R7 is a fairway finder. the R11 a fairway finder and the shaft in my brother-in-laws a good fit with my swing. With the right shaft, the R11 is great. The R7 makes shaft changes difficult

The original RocketBallz was a beast for me along with the Burner. The new Sim2 looks amazing and the technology is off the charts!

The very first driver that I got into golf with was the R9 with a made for AD DI 7x. Way too much shaft for me, but hitting it flush got me addicted

I''ve only had a couple of TM drivers, and like a couple of others here, the R1 Black was in my bag for a couple of years, although that was a while back (I think it was a 2013 model). Once I replaced the stock shaft with one that fit me better it was pretty long.

R7 Quad. I'm sure nostalgia makes it more special than it actually was but it was probably my favorite driver ever.

2016 TM M2 D-type

The M5 Tour may be the longest driver I have ever hit. I guess I will go with that.

I don’t have to even think half a second on this.

M1 430. Monkey track the weights both front and center and slap in a PX Black 7.0? At 5.5* loft that thing MURDERED some golf balls. I hit a few 4+ that I got all of, better than LD days, but back then it was hard to find a shaft that would hold up.

Sadly I no longer murder golf balls. I have the intentions of doing so but the body just laughs at me.

Ask most super high speed guys what their favorite head was all time and you’ll get this and the SLDR. Both bombers. But you better be tight with the face grouping.

I don’t have to even think half a second on this.

M1 430. Monkey track the weights both front and center and slap in a PX Black 7.0? At 5.5* loft that thing MURDERED some golf balls. I hit a few 4+ that I got all of, better than LD days, but back then it was hard to find a shaft that would hold up.

Sadly I no longer murder golf balls. I have the intentions of doing so but the body just laughs at me.

Ask most super high speed guys what their favorite head was all time and you’ll get this and the SLDR. Both bombers. But you better be tight with the face grouping.
Yeah I still have my SLDR from years ago. Not very forgiving but I still liked it. Moved on to the M2 and currently playing the M6. The new SIM kind of remind me of the SLDR's.

Burner Superfast 2.0. It took a bit to get used to the extra length shaft, but that club added 20 plus yards for me easy. It's still in contention in my backup bag.

Reactions: KEV
R9 or m1 original. Both launchers.

The only two I've ever owned were the Burner and R11. The Burner was my favorite driver for several years, I hit it pretty well even being a complete hack at the time. I didn't get along as well with the R11, and hated the sound of it - that sucker was loud! The face cracked on it and I tossed it a while back after it sat in my used club bag for years.

A friend owned the SLDR and I hit it a few times. Possibly the most unforgiving driver I've ever hit since my original persimmon driver. :LOL:

The original Taylormade burner in the late 90s. I could really take a rip at it and keep it in the fairway.

I have had a few over the years but my favourite was the R510TP I still have and bring it out for a nostalgic waggle now and again.
It was one of those clubs that always gave me confidence off the tee.

I've owned a few but I've had the same for 12 years now, Taylormade Tour Burner TP - superb shaft for me, Matrix Ozik stiff, very straight and each year I test it against the latest releases thanks to a very understanding Coach and the new drivers are generally no longer. I had a seriously long session last year and a got a couple of extra yards for £500, the main difference was a poor hit on my driver, maybe lose 20 yards, on the new tech, maybe lose 5 yards but I hit my driver pretty solid so not worth the money.

I've owned a few but I've had the same for 12 years now, Taylormade Tour Burner TP - superb shaft for me, Matrix Ozik stiff, very straight and each year I test it against the latest releases thanks to a very understanding Coach and the new drivers are generally no longer. I had a seriously long session last year and a got a couple of extra yards for £500, the main difference was a poor hit on my driver, maybe lose 20 yards, on the new tech, maybe lose 5 yards but I hit my driver pretty solid so not worth the money.

That's actually a nice looking club. Suitable for a beginner?

That's actually a nice looking club. Suitable for a beginner?
I guess it depends on your ball striking - it's not got a huge sweetspot and if you don't hit it consistently you will lose maybe 10-15 yards on an off centre hit but it is pretty straight - i hit around 70% of fairways and hit around 250 yards (52 year old). I did find a massive difference between the TP version and that standard version - which is all shaft as far as I can tell so again would suggest that's a big factor.

favorite all time would be R7 Superquad!!! loved everything about it

favorite of the last 5 years is probably SIM Max for me. ive played both M1 models, M3, M5, and SIM Max. It would be between M5 and SIM Max for me but the looks of the SIM puts it in front of M5 even though performance is identical

Last edited:
Burner bubble
I used to hit the S#*t outta that club.
Now.... that was 25+ years ago but-WOW

Back