Which was your favourite TaylorMade driver?

2007 Burner TP

still play it

2007 Burner TP.png

Many years ago, TM was my go to brand over a handful of models.

But that was long ago, my last and what happens to be my favorite was the R7 Limited TP.

M6 for me!!!

First TM I owned - Burner Bubble shaft
Then R580XD - used this for 20 yrs. Didn't play often
This past Spring bought a M1 was the first adjustable driver I owned. Distance was better and reduced slices with the slide weight fully set to Draw. Used this one for 2 months then sold it to my golf partner and found an M3 on ebay.
The M3 is a little shorter in distance (avg. 5 yd.) but way more forgiving with the Twist Face design.
M3 is best one of the bunch so far. Tempted to try the Sim Max now the Sim2 is coming out. I can't afford current year technology.

2007 Burner TP

still play it

View attachment 8989623
this things awesome. i had the original, its like a copper old looking thing, and then i had this and its an amazing club. This club is still good. It has a design on top that helped me hit the ball in the middle, and i think its really light. its also longer in length than whats made now.

Taylormade Firesole. What a cannon!

Those two seasons with M3 were very good. Maybe not any longer than my 2016 M1 but significantly fewer penal hooks. Did a multi brand driver fitting several months ago and last year's SIM and SIM Max both outperformed my M3, longer and more consistent. Ultimately I opted to give up some potential yardage in that fitting for another brand that was even a little more consistent for me.

TaylorMade: An Experience Crafted Out Of Necessity
I was 14 when i had it, didnt take the game seriously. I wish i still had it, maybe to use as a 3 wood or something. has a smaller head.

I had an SLDR for a while and it is still the longest driver by far that I have ever hit. But oh man it was unforgiving, almost unplayably unforgiving 😂

RBZ was the best driver from them

I have an RBZ 3 wood that I just hit the dog snot out of. Especially off the tee. It has made me wonder whether or not I should scout around for an RBZ driver. I guess I will. If I can find one in decent condition, with the right shaft and loft, and the right price, I may just pick one up.

M6 for forgiveness, SIM for distance/lower spin; I haven't touched SIM 2 but I got the barely used SIM with a Smoke Green shaft for $280 so I couldn't pass it up.

I looking at taking advantage of a similar deal right now on a SIM, but haven't been able to decide which shaft to go for. How do you like the Smoke Green? 60 or 70?

I looking at taking advantage of a similar deal right now on a SIM, but haven't been able to decide which shaft to go for. How do you like the Smoke Green? 60 or 70?

Wrote a lengthy answer in the other thread, haha.

Back