Smiter

Dunce Cap For A Bit
Reaction score
Handicap
21 days into posting season. Can’t sleep. Look out. Grrrrrr.

BE9D714A-1086-48FA-B82B-FEE67BD50229.jpeg

Those little shrubs are honeysuckle and smell fantastic. If this kills them..... Grrr.

Get out there with a flamethrower and get that snow off them

View attachment 9004196

Those little shrubs are honeysuckle and smell fantastic. If this kills them..... Grrr.
I agree my friend. The Ohio Valley is not being nice right now.

Oh man that sucks!

My daughter lives just west of Indy, and it started to snow as I was talking to her yesterday. Her profanity shocked me. lol

I went out this morning and blew the snow, with a leaf blower, off my peach and apple trees. The peach was in full bloom, and I'm determined that a late snow won't ruin my peach crop for the 2nd year in a row!

Hate to see it this time of year.

I totally feel this! I have had the first 3 weeks cancelled because of weather. Pouring rain and 2 sub 40* days.

Feel your pain @Smiter . I'm not all that far north of the Arkansas border and we started posting back on March 1st. Monday was our first of 17 events for our regional traveling senior circuit. Was beautiful. 70 degrees, sunny, comfy playing in shorts and a polo. Tuesday was ...
Message_1618948949259.jpg
Another group I'm part of has their big 'welcome spring' tourney scheduled for tomorrow. Everything melted today so it's still on AFAIK(y)

Last edited:
Yikes!

We're heading in the opposite direction - rained here last night and the snow is rapidly melting!

View attachment 9004196

I went out and shook all my plants, trees, shrubs to help them out. They all were squished and drooping with the 4" of wet snow that came.
Tomorrow was supposed to be opening day of my golf league, but it's going to be 46* and soggy AF where I'm playing.

3" dropped here as well but its already melting. going to make the wet, sloppy courses even wetter and....well.....sloppier I guess.

We're into round 2 of the snow, last week the pacific sent us a present, this week is 2 rounds so far from up north.

Kinda glad I'm in covid isolation....

It was a full-on winter wonderland when I rolled out of bed this morning. Nothing to feel bad about, however as golf courses are already closed due to provincial restrictions. Plus it didn't survive on concrete or asphalt surfaces so no shoveling....
20210421_075510.jpg

View attachment 9004196

Don't worry about them. I have a large honeysuckle privacy hedge growing alongside my back patio. I don't think I could kill it with all the Round Up at Monsanto! Besides, all the snow we got last night melted today.

Woke up to some snow on the ground this morning. Some intersections were downright scary. But I was out hitting golf balls by this afternoon. Snow doesn't bother me very much in late April because it's fleeting - nothing at all like the soul-sucking early snowstorms that close all the courses in October.

Snow sure is pretty... from a distance :)

Back