I had to put my Dog, Jack, to sleep this afternoon. In honor of him I am drinking Jack Daniels tonight. One for him and one for me.

I had to put my Dog, Jack, to sleep this afternoon. In honor of him I am drinking Jack Daniels tonight. One for him and one for me.

i’m very sorry for your loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

66542701bf7fcc6c202d3f6e2257632c.jpg

Was surprised to see a Kilchoman 4th edition just sitting on the shelf. Haven’t seen it in a few years. Either way, 3 solid additions to the stash today.

tried an Old Gran-Dad 114 last friday and man that is some good juice for $24 a bottle!

My friend brought back some Montana whiskey. aged "at least 12 months" per the bottle. Tasted like fermented white bread. I barely finished my pour...

tried an Old Gran-Dad 114 last friday and man that is some good juice for $24 a bottle!

My friend brought back some Montana whiskey. aged "at least 12 months" per the bottle. Tasted like fermented white bread. I barely finished my pour...

Said it here a few times OGD115 is a good buy. And it is the backbone of most of the vatting experiments I do.

Looking to pull the trigger on a bottle of Old Forester. Which one should I go with? Who am I kidding, I'll probably go through them all eventually. So, which one to start with?

So I had my first taste of Blanton's over the weekend, smoothest bourban I've tasted yet. I actually have a bottle in the pantry that my daughter found for my birthday, but savin' it for my son's wedding in a month. She also found a bottle of Colonel Taylor that I don't have my hands on yet. She's my favorite (and only) daughter.

Looking to pull the trigger on a bottle of Old Forester. Which one should I go with? Who am I kidding, I'll probably go through them all eventually. So, which one to start with?

1920 and 1897 seem to be the two most popular.

I started with the 1897, haven’t moved to the 1920 yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today was the 100th birthday of Elmer T Lee. I wanted to break open my bottle of his namesake to celebrate but I could tell I was not in the mood to truly appreciate the good whiskey so I decided to save it for another day.

Today was the 100th birthday of Elmer T Lee. I wanted to break open my bottle of his namesake to celebrate but I could tell I was not in the mood to truly appreciate the good whiskey so I decided to save it for another day.

Happy Centennial Elmer! Love your namesake bourbon. Its close to that time of year to beg stores for a bottle.

I'm drinking Wisconsin bourbon tonight. It's pretty darn amazing

1e50211b95dc5ab8ce595cba59b8064c.jpg

1920 and 1897 seem to be the two most popular.

I started with the 1897, haven’t moved to the 1920 yet.

I figured the Prohibition Style would be the favorite. Follows the pricing. Has anyone had the Statesman? Worth the price?

I thought a half bottle of Weller went missing. Thank heavens I found it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Went for some Weller special reserve tonight. Soo good for the price, wish I could find more around.

9c59def6192b54668391d5c56305f979.jpg

Friday evening purchase to add to the collection.

9c59def6192b54668391d5c56305f979.jpg

Friday evening purchase to add to the collection.

I need to get a bottle of the small batch select. It’s not available in Ohio yet but I think I’ll be in Cincinnati next Saturday.

I need to get a bottle of the small batch select. It’s not available in Ohio yet but I think I’ll be in Cincinnati next Saturday.

I couldn’t believe that it was available. Two bottles made it to the store, I scored the lucky last one.

NullNomad;n8638250 said:
I couldn’t believe that it was available. Two bottles made it to the store, I scored the lucky last one.

It's pretty readily available in KY but I don't know about the other states that have it. I know there were only 5 states to start with eventual distribution to all 50 but I haven't heard if they have actually expanded to any additional states yet since it was introduced.

gmiller598;n8638168 said:

Just finished a bottle of the 4 Roses small batch, and yeah it's available in Ohio, really nice.....

mbenro;n8876609 said:
Just finished a bottle of the 4 Roses small batch, and yeah it's available in Ohio, really nice.....

Regular small batch has always been in OH but they have a new product launch a few months ago called Small Batch Select. I’ve yet to see it in Columbus but I know it’s pretty readily available across the river.

Spent the day across the river in northern Kentucky before going to the reds game last night. I picked up a Four Roses Small Batch Select, 2 barrels picks of Elijah Craig, a Peerless distillery Bourbon, and a bottle of the new Woodford Reserve Wheat Whiskey.

That brings my total bottle count to 136.

Back