Arran also comes to mind when taking about the coastal or island regions.
I've never tried Arran but I've heard good things. The distillery also seems pretty unique. One of these days I'll try a bottle...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried any of the Jefferson's Ocean Aged at Sea? A friend told me about it and said it has a salty & sweet taste. The description of it is crazy: "Jefferson’s Ocean Aged at Sea, now bottled at 112 proof cask strength. Fully matured Kentucky bourbon was put it on a ship and sent around the world. It crossed the equator four times, stopped at over five different continents and truly is a bourbon of the world."View attachment 8941241

I’ve got a bottle sitting downstairs right now that’s about 3/4 full and I’ve had it before at a bunch of places. I agree it’s got a salty kind of under taste of that makes sense but I enjoy it. It's definitely a premium offering. Pretty smooth. I've been working through a bottle of Bardstown that my MIL left here, but with that gone, the Jefferson's Ocean will be next on the list.

After enjoying Four Roses Single Barrel, I found a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch Select and picked it up. Will taste soon.

macallan-2018-72-years-old-in-lalique-genesis-decanter-box-open-drawer-open-angle-1280x640.jpg
That might be the most unnecessary box I've ever seen, and I think it's awesome hahaha

I mean good isn't a word I would use.

It's got a weird nuttiness. Knowing that it's shiner bock based, it feels like a really flat high alcohol shiner, but i think that might be more suggestion based on the knowledge. Going to let it sit for a bit and see if some of that stuff mellows out a bit. even tried mixing with coke and it didn't work.
I saw your comments for Texas Bock and I'm on the other side of the street....I think its really good. The smell reminded me of TX, so I was expecting a sweet, vanilla flavor...

It initially has a good bite, then mellows into a butterscotch and charcoal flavor. I thought it was damn good on 2 cubes of ice...to the point that half my bottle was gone this morning.

59983c4576eb95c188e395f770412c9c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I saw your comments for Texas Bock and I'm on the other side of the street....I think its really good. The smell reminded me of TX, so I was expecting a sweet, vanilla flavor...

It initially has a good bite, then mellows into a butterscotch and charcoal flavor. I thought it was damn good on 2 cubes of ice...to the point that half my bottle was gone this morning.

I think that's it. It's a butterscotch flavor which I just don't like.
It did mellow a bit after sitting and wasn't so off-putting.
Ice might really help as well as I was drinking it neat. I mean I'm not a fan of room temp shiner either. Will try that tonight.

I also had a glass of Blackened, the Metallica inspired/backed whiskey that uses Brandy barrels.

Good bite, then mellows with a citrus/acidic flavor (not in a bad way...) with a lasting whiskey flavor that isn't harsh.

I definitely want to try some more of this, but I was knee deep in my Texas Bock...see prior post...
d5f152e32473d77dee24c6882e3c8559.jpg

I like Blacones, but im worried they're spreading too thin on having so many different blends and options.

I also had a glass of Blackened, the Metallica inspired/backed whiskey that uses Brandy barrels.

Good bite, then mellows with a citrus/acidic flavor (not in a bad way...) with a lasting whiskey flavor that isn't harsh.

I definitely want to try some more of this, but I was knee deep in my Texas Bock...see prior post...
d5f152e32473d77dee24c6882e3c8559.jpg

For a sourced "celebrity" whisky, it's not half bad. I usually have a bottle in my stash. Plus the gimmick of having a play list per bottle/batch is pretty cool too. If you like those kind of things check out Heaven's Door from Bob Dylan or Duke, which is for those John Wayne lovers out there.

I like Blacones, but im worried they're spreading too thin on having so many different blends and options.
Yeah, they do have many similar strains...so I was a little worried the Shiner variant would be just another label. I was happy to find the whiskey does have a Shiner-ish flavor (butterscotch) to it and it paired well with a couple cubes. Not that I need to trick it up, but I'm curious howbit might pair with a cola. A local tavern by me pairs TX with Pepsi for $3 on Thursday's and Friday's...and in turn produces a $50 tab by the end of the night...so I'm gonna mix Texas Bock to see how it goes.

I'm a huge fan of Shiner, so this is a win-win for me.

For a sourced "celebrity" whisky, it's not half bad. I usually have a bottle in my stash. Plus the gimmick of having a play list per bottle/batch is pretty cool too. If you like those kind of things check out Heaven's Door from Bob Dylan or Duke, which is for those John Wayne lovers out there.
2 buddies and I made our own playlist...consisting of Metallica tracks. We got thru about 4-5 tracks and then the storms arrived, so garage party was over...lol

I need to get a taste before buying a bottle.

Seems to be a good night to open the Yellow Spot and have a few wee drams. alc.gif

78312.jpg

How does it compare to the green spot? I have tried this but it was so long ago that it's a distant memory at this point.

I have had the pleasure of sampling the Green Spot many times over the last couple of years, but this will be my first journey with the Yellow Spot. Looking forward to the experience. I'll report back and give my impressions of it, if you'd like me too. Only thing I gotta figure now is what movie is worth watching tonight that will keep my interest. Might be either WW or JL, we'll see. ;)

Noah's Mill is quite tasty. Very smooth with a higher proof than most at 114.5.

I've not tried it but the Blackened whiskey was the last project Dave Pickerell worked on before he passed in 2018. He was a big deal in the whiskey industry for those who had never heard of him. Maker's Mark took off in popularity while he worked there as Master Distiller and he also launched Whistlepig in the rye whiskey world. Usually anything he touched turned to gold.

I've not tried it but the Blackened whiskey was the last project Dave Pickerell worked on before he passed in 2018. He was a big deal in the whiskey industry for those who had never heard of him. Maker's Mark took off in popularity while he worked there as Master Distiller and he also launched Whistlepig in the rye whiskey world. Usually anything he touched turned to gold.
I definitely like Blackened. Now that I've had a couple glasses, I definitely see me keeping some around.

Costco in our state can't sell liquor unfortunately and Buffalo Trace has become harder to find. Fortunately I have a full bottle and tonight is a great night for a taste!
I agree! The wife and I will definitely enjoy a couple drinks of it tonight.

Back