Nice night cap of bourbon is always amazing... Tonights sleep brought in part to Buffalo Trace.

I had a moment last night at the grocery store. I bought $50 worth of grocery’s and $50 worth of booze including a bottle of Wild Turkey 101. Never had it before and thought what the heck.

Work virtual happy hour and this got the nod20200522_171159.jpg

My big Friday night; some Makers Mark and putting. Prost!

Sipping on some Coopers Craft 100 proof

TX Barrel Select #1217

Tonight is Hudson Manhattan Rye, I was in the mood for something different.

Bought a new one to me - Walking Stick.

How was it?

For me, not a fan. Its bold up front with what i would describe as an odd spice. Its just weird on my pallet, not something i get with most rye whiskeys. Its also not long at all with the finish and in my opinion a bit thin. Quick, to the point, but nothing memorable. I will say that with ice it gets a little bitter, but once the ice melts a bit the spice mellows out and it has more of a traditional rye taste to it. Normally E.H.Taylor or Willet are my go to rye and in general isn’t my favorite flavor so it could just be the way my pallet spins it.

I think I will tey something new to me. Four Roses Small Batch or Four Roses Small Batch Select.

What a shot!

Peyton playing great after tiger direction

2nd grandbaby coming this week. Trying to decide which bourbon to open to celebrate. Booker's? Eagle Rare? Woodford Double Oaked?

Elijah Craig tonight after a long day building new cellar doors and watching kids, so good.

Had the Wild Turkey 101 the other night, woah sweetness, was not expecting that.

Elijah Craig tonight after a long day building new cellar doors and watching kids, so good.

Had the Wild Turkey 101 the other night, woah sweetness, was not expecting that.
Elijah Craig Small Batch is a favorite.

Finishing off a TX Barrel Select #1217 from Total Wine.

Nice night cap of bourbon is always amazing... Tonights sleep brought in part to Buffalo Trace.
One of my favorites!

Im a big fan of the Wild Turkey 101. In my glass right now is some Weller Special Reserve

AA juice for tonight is Aultmore 18. It's just about time for a few wee drams. alc.gif

936033.jpg

Back