I see some interesting expressions on the bottom right shelf there, nice!!! View attachment 8946605
The bottom right is essentially all of my scotches. the pictures don’t ever really do it justice since the bottles go 3 deep on most shelves. I have some really good stuff in places that can’t be seen in the photo.

The bottom right is essentially all of my scotches. the pictures don’t ever really do it justice since the bottles go 3 deep on most shelves. I have some really good stuff in places that can’t be seen in the photo.

Incredible collection! And if what can be seen is any indication, I’m sure the juice that can’t be seen is equally impressive!

46531A53-8E62-4C84-BD83-C3A557984CA1.jpeg

Love your collection, you’ve got my two cabinets beat.

View attachment 8946609

Love your collection, you’ve got my two cabinets beat.
You'e definitely got some nice things in there too. i can't get myself to pull the trigger on something like a George T Stagg. I'd rather have a William Larue Weller but they cost to much unless I were ever be bale to find one at retail price. What is the Willett bottle you have on top?

You'e definitely got some nice things in there too. i can't get myself to pull the trigger on something like a George T Stagg. I'd rather have a William Larue Weller but they cost to much unless I were ever be bale to find one at retail price. What is the Willett bottle you have on top?

Won a lottery to pick up the GTS for $100, not one of my favs and would rather have the Weller you mentioned, but wasn’t going to pass that up. The Willet is the 4 year rye.

Won a lottery to pick up the GTS for $100, not one of my favs and would rather have the Weller you mentioned, but wasn’t going to pass that up. The Willet is the 4 year rye.
That's how I got my Old Rip Van Winkle 10 year. I won a lottery in OH to buy it at retail. I've tried the W.L. Weller at a bad in Louisville and loved it. I wouldn't pass up on any of the Buffalo Trace Antique Collection if I had the chance. I have a couple of bottles of the Willet 3 yr rye. That was before they switched to the 4 yr higher proof version they sell now. I also have the pot still reserve bottle and a 5 yr bourbon I got from the store just across the river in KY. I haven't opened that one yet but I know those tend to be pretty valuable.

Needed a stiff drink after the round I just posted, so I decided to enjoy a decent pour of Jim Beam. Decided to go with the cheap stuff - I don't deserve the expensive stuff right now.

40E3C9CD-37E1-4AAD-8E52-A837EA10313F_1_201_a.jpeg

SO much Red label Weller. I am so jealous.

Lucked out this week. Weller Special Reserve and Buffalo Trace 1.75L bottles showed up at my local liquor store. Bought 2 of each. I'm good for awhile!

Lucked out this week. Weller Special Reserve and Buffalo Trace 1.75L bottles showed up at my local liquor store. Bought 2 of each. I'm good for awhile!
I've heard that the 1.75L bottles have been discontinued for all of the Buffalo Trace products. I know they don't make them for the Weller Antique anymore.

I've heard that the 1.75L bottles have been discontinued for all of the Buffalo Trace products. I know they don't make them for the Weller Antique anymore.
I got all 4 bottles for $166. Pretty happy with the find.

I was over at my sister-in-laws condo this afternoon and remembered that she had a bottle of whisky on the upper shelf in her pantry that has bee sitting up there for years. I've been wanting to grab and it and asked if it is alright if I took it home with me. She said ok. It's from a Japanese distiller called Shirobin. Looking it up on the web I find a bottle goes for $350. I'm gonna save it for awhile before I crack the cap on this one.

20200605_170119.jpg

Last edited:
Wonder how old it is? Sweet get.

That, my friends, was a long week. Time for THP and brown liquor.

Weller Special Reserve on a big cube.

Made a nice whiskey sour tonight. 3oz Jim Beam, 3/4 lemon juice, 1/2 simple syrup - I like it on the strong side. Damn delicious if I do say so myself. Do I make another is the question.

Made a nice whiskey sour tonight. 3oz Jim Beam, 3/4 lemon juice, 1/2 simple syrup - I like it on the strong side. Damn delicious if I do say so myself. Do I make another is the question.

It's Friday night, I say go for it. But somehow, I'm guessing you already have. ;) alc.gif

Back