Tonight seems like a great night to find an old movie I haven't seen in ages, sit down with a few wee drams of Tomatin 18 and relax and enjoy the night. alc.gif

Tonight’s a Dovetail night...

99c63d31f2bb8780bcdfae544ec892b1.jpg

Bought my scotch loving buddy a bottle of Kilchoman Sanaig as a retirement present. Sounds like an interesting bottle.

Anyone had the Bardstown Bourbon Company/Prisoner collaboration? I've heard good things but I'm not sure I want to drop $125 for a bottle right now without more opinions.

Couple finger pour of Johnnie Red after a wet round of golf this evening.

Been enjoying Jameson Castmates IPA for a while now, very tasty. Yesterday I went to a local big box liquor store and looked around for something different. Settled on Dewar's 12 yr "The Ancestor" and Jameson Cold Brew, label says "Jameson Irish Whiskey infused with natural cold brew coffee flavor.

Poured 3 fingers of the Dewar's 12 yr last evening with a cigar. Before I put 2 small ice cubes in, I tasted it neat. Wow, almost a sweet initial taste quickly changed and I swear I could taste the inside of the barrel it was aged in. Added the 2 cubes and settled in with it. A great drink and change from the Jameson Castmates IPA. Very good, only sorry they didn't have a 1.75 ltr bottle.

Plan on the same routine this evening with the Jameson Cold Brew.

7 7 20 WHISKYS.jpg

Tasted the Jameson Cold Brew whiskey this evening. 1st sip neat, wonderful coffee & whiskey initial taste. Added 2 small ice cubes and it mellowed out to a nice coffee infused taste with a more whiskey taste. This is a very nice whiskey, will be enjoying both for awhile.

Gonna find me a good movie or maybe even a bad one to watch tonight and crack open my bottle of HP 16 Twisted Tatoo. Almost time for a few wee drams. alc.gif

HP 16.jpg

Been on a mission past couple weeks to figure out just a basic old fashioned ratio I could live with. For some reason I could never make one I liked. I think I'm getting closer. The makers cask strength is the leader in the clubhouse for a baseline bourbon in the recipe. 🤔

Been on a mission past couple weeks to figure out just a basic old fashioned ratio I could live with. For some reason I could never make one I liked. I think I'm getting closer. The makers cask strength is the leader in the clubhouse for a baseline bourbon in the recipe. 🤔

Give it a shot with Sazerac Rye.

After a day like today, I think I'll end the day with a couple of wee drams of HP Twisted Tatoo!!! alc.gif

Time for a few wee drams tonight, so it's time to open the good stuff.

p-5105-Talisker-18-Year-Old_1024x1024.jpg

Dalmore 12 year old is on the menu for tonight. alc.gif

mi-the-dalmore-12-year-eae3120e4a88f0b0.jpg

Cabin Still.jpg
A while back I posted in the travel section about golf on Amelia Island. While we were there my son and I played at Amelia Island Golf Club which is the course for the Ritz Carlton. My son's best mans Parents have a house on the course and after we played we went by to visit.
Well it seems my son's best man was helping clean out his wife's grandfathers garage and came across a half case of bourbon that looked to have been there forever.
This bottle said it was 5 YO Weller from God knows what year and being the great kid he is, he gave his dad 2 bottles. Dad is an avid bourbon guy and did some investigating and came to find out this bottle pre-dates the Pappy Van Winkle line for Weller. It was by far the smoothest bourbon that ever crossed my lips, in fact we had a shot of Pappy afterwards that fell way short of grandpas old bottle.
Not much better than a round of golf with old friends willing to share their best with you. It made me realize that I have lived better than I ever thought I would, and that's more about the friendship than the whiskey.

This Balcones Single Malt intrigues me. How is the taste on the stuff. Next AA run I may try some. (y)
I think these are the 10th and 11th single malts I have on have from balcones. Is there a specific one or just a general question?
The balcones One single malt is the flagship that put balcones on the map. Many of the variations are just aged differently off this. The lineage is a new release that they plan to make a standard offering and a cheaper single malt.

Never had the lineage, TBD.
Around a decade ago when balcones was just starting out and they were making whisky literally under a bridge in Waco. The One was the best thing I ever had. The distillery has moved and expanded and gone through some changes but still really good. I lack the knowledge and palate to explain it but it's got the backbone of a traditional scotch but bolder, like a lot of American attempts, but remains in balance, unlike a lot of American attempts. Might be a touch over priced is my only complaint.

I think these are the 10th and 11th single malts I have on have from balcones. Is there a specific one or just a general question?
The balcones One single malt is the flagship that put balcones on the map. Many of the variations are just aged differently off this. The lineage is a new release that they plan to make a standard offering and a cheaper single malt.

Never had the lineage, TBD.
Around a decade ago when balcones was just starting out and they were making whisky literally under a bridge in Waco. The One was the best thing I ever had. The distillery has moved and expanded and gone through some changes but still really good. I lack the knowledge and palate to explain it but it's got the backbone of a traditional scotch but bolder, like a lot of American attempts, but remains in balance, unlike a lot of American attempts. Might be a touch over priced is my only complaint.

Hey man
Appreciate the input. There are no specific ones at this time that I need any help with. I like trying new things, adds a little expectation to the moment.

Back