A friend brought this over for my birthday toast. Very sippable spirit. This version is no longer made. The full Bourye has more of the Rye spice come through the bland. But for a thursday night sipper to toast my b-day....it was perfection.

View attachment 8961960
One of my favorite whiskeys. Enjoy that!

Grossly overpaid for a glass of Willett Pot Still on a trip to Spokane this week. Never saw it in a bar before and had to. Only saw it in a store driving through KY. Thought that's cool but I'll find it at home. Nope.

Had a "Mexican Coke" with a splash of JD in it.
Flat Coke made with sugar? :ROFLMAO:
I may have some with soda now, or not...;)

sooo I am going to the store with $60 for a bottle.... What should i get for a celebratory bottle?

My regulars are Buffalo Trace, Eagel Rare, Woodford, Knob Creek, Bulleit Rye, Weller

sooo I am going to the store with $60 for a bottle.... What should i get for a celebratory bottle?
Are you looking for Bourbon or scotch?

For Bourbon at that price range and easily able to find my first thought is Four Roses Small Batch Select.

For scotch that's a bit tougher since they cost a bit more. I'd personally recommend Oban Little Bay at $65 or some Glenlivet 12 or 14 if you need to go cheaper.

If Scotch Single Malt is a choice, I recommend Dalmore 12. It can be had for $59.95 in my neck of the woods.

My regulars are Buffalo Trace, Eagel Rare, Woodford, Knob Creek, Bulleit Rye, Weller
Old forester 1920

Or the Old Forester 1910 if you find it. It can be a little harder to come by in OH.

Are you looking for Bourbon or scotch?

For Bourbon at that price range and easily able to find my first thought is Four Roses Small Batch Select.

For scotch that's a bit tougher since they cost a bit more. I'd personally recommend Oban Little Bay at $65 or some Glenlivet 12 or 14 if you need to go cheaper.

I have had the Four Roses Small Batch Select... Sticking to bourbon... any others?

I have had the Four Roses Small Batch Select... Sticking to bourbon... any others?

Old Forester 1920 is tough to beat at that price range. Maybe Rare Breed Rye if you can find it. I’ve also heard good things about Chattanooga 111.

Now, if your go-to’s included Weller, you might try mixing some Weller 12 with Weller Antique 107 (40:60) for the “poor man’s Pappy.”

Basil Hayden is a slight step above your mentioned go to's. The 10 year is good but the standard 8 year is just as good for a little less.

That is some awesome whisky. I've one or two bottles of it over the years. 👍
It is fantastic. I never got my hands on a bottle of the peated Nadurra.

It is fantastic. I never got my hands on a bottle of the peated Nadurra.

I generslly stay away from the heavily peated expressions, my taste buds aren't what they once were. alc.gif

Where do you find Eagle Rare around here?

Hot take incoming...

For as hard as it is to find, Eagle Rare isn't that good.

Back