Taste test. Single barrel store pick vs off the shelf bottle. Pretty significant difference believe or not.

Attachments

• BBCDD60E-63CD-46AD-9C05-1BCB3EF8DAD2.jpeg
    BBCDD60E-63CD-46AD-9C05-1BCB3EF8DAD2.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 26
Wife bought me more JB Black because I ran out the other night. This one came with two Srixon 1 balls.

Attachments

• 20201105_181149.jpg
    20201105_181149.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 21
Grabbed this today for a pretty good price. Store pick single barrel. Gets me entered into their 12 days of Christmas. Giving away high dollar allocated bourbons with a bottle of Pappy on Xmas Eve.
1111201436a.jpg

it’s pretty sweet, but also pretty darn good
I let @MarMill8412 talk me into the PB Skrewball. It is also very good, but really sweet so it will last me a while.

Last edited:
I let @MarMill8412 talk me into the PB Skrewball. It is also very good, but really sweet so it will last me a while.

Yeah this definitely has the peanut butter cup dominant flavor with a hint of chocolate. Its also sweeter than standard whiskey. I put two shots and two of my round cubes into the glass. When they are half melted, I drink and its pretty smooth.

Yeah this definitely has the peanut butter cup dominant flavor with a hint of chocolate. Its also sweeter than standard whiskey. I put two shots and two of my round cubes into the glass. When they are half melted, I drink and its pretty smooth.
That’s pretty cool your fridge makes clear ice balls. I try and make my own but can be tedious.

You know secretly you like it. Whenever you drink it you will be reminded of Morgan Cup 2020 and your best bud MarMill!

I came into the whiskey thread to get an idea on what whiskey to buy this weekend. Instead, I learned that I need a better fridge. I want clear ice balls conistently dispensed whenever I want them and @JB just breezes right over the fact that his LG does it and that I don't need a mini-cooler device in my freezer taking up space that upsets the wife?! By Merlin's beard...

I came into the whiskey thread to get an idea on what whiskey to buy this weekend. Instead, I learned that I need a better fridge. I want clear ice balls conistently dispensed whenever I want them and @JB just breezes right over the fact that his LG does it and that I don't need a mini-cooler device in my freezer taking up space that upsets the wife?! By Merlin's beard...
Agreed that feature is awesome!

If you are a PB whisky drinker - do a 3-1 ratio of PB whisky to a decent whisky and it will be outstanding...cuts the sweet perfectly.

Also, add a shot of PB whisky over 2 scoops of good vanilla ice cream, and a shot of good espresso!

Easy to make really perfect, clear ice cubes with a small igloo cooler. I make a batch every other week. Worth the work...can make multiple shapes - clear as glass.

Easy to make really perfect, clear ice cubes with a small igloo cooler. I make a batch every other week. Worth the work...can make multiple shapes - clear as glass.
I have done it in our tiny freezer, but the wife doesn’t think taking up the space for a cooler in the freezer for clear ice is as worthwhile as I do. I just use cloudy ice in molds now. But someday...

Taste test. Single barrel store pick vs off the shelf bottle. Pretty significant difference believe or not.
I tend to collect single barrel selections and they can be quite different. it all depends on the barrel and where it was located in the rickhouse. I have several different Elijah Craig barrel picks. Many of them vary in age quite a bit from the standard off the shelf EC.

IMG_5320.jpg

Eagle Rare and Caol Ila pick up the other day

Back