IMG_0711.jpeg IMG_0714.jpeg

My 2 newest additions. I picked up a bottle of Blanton's Gold in a trade with someone and today I got bottle #200 for my collections from a local distillery. This is a special release they did aged in Nocino barrels. Nocino is an Italian Walnut liqueur that they make. This is the first time they've taken their bourbon and done secondary aging in the Nocino barrels.

View attachment 8977771 View attachment 8977772

My 2 newest additions. I picked up a bottle of Blanton's Gold in a trade with someone and today I got bottle #200 for my collections from a local distillery. This is a special release they did aged in Nocino barrels. Nocino is an Italian Walnut liqueur that they make. This is the first time they've taken their bourbon and done secondary aging in the Nocino barrels.

Nice pick up on the Blanton’s Gold. And enjoy that finished bourbon.

Nice pick up on the Blanton’s Gold. And enjoy that finished bourbon.
yeah, i've had many bottles of regular Blanton's but never have been able to try any of the other variations before. Looking forward to getting this one opened to sample.

yeah, i've had many bottles of regular Blanton's but never have been able to try any of the other variations before. Looking forward to getting this one opened to sample.

Well you picked a great time to start looking. This was the first year Blanton’s Gold was released in the States.

Enjoy and cheers!

Well you picked a great time to start looking. This was the first year Blanton’s Gold was released in the States.

Enjoy and cheers!
Yeah. this came from somewhere outside the USA since it is a 700 mL bottle instead of 750. I'm not sure where it originated from. I'm not sure the guy I got it from knew.

View attachment 8977771 View attachment 8977772

Jesus where did you find the Blanton’s? I’m so jealous. It’s the hardest get here.

Jesus where did you find the Blanton’s? I’m so jealous. It’s the hardest get here.
I traded a Michter's 10 year single barrel bottle I had for it. I was able to sample the Michter's over the summer and wasn't completely into it and ended up making the deal to flip. I'm sitting on a couple of bottles of regular blanton's on my shelf now but I just won't hunt and stalk the delivery trucks like a junky looking for their next fix here in OH so who knows when I'll ever come across another bottle again unless I happen to be at the Buffalo Trace gift shop on the right day.

I am sipping buffalo trace while watching Neat: the story of bourbon.. It's a good Friday night

KY bourbon to try tonight for the OU game. CEF62D38-012F-44F7-8A0E-F7856A11D1A6.jpeg

Let us know your thoughts on these!? If they're from @KY Golfer then I am very intrigued! Cheers!
I'm just as interested in his thoughts as you are. He wanted something rare that's only sold in Kentucky. These were the one's I was sold on.
New Riff is a newer company located right here in my backyard and from the sound of it, it should be very good. Willett needs no explanation.

I'm just as interested in his thoughts as you are. He wanted something rare that's only sold in Kentucky. These were the one's I was sold on.
New Riff is a newer company located right here in my backyard and from the sound of it, it should be very good. Willett needs no explanation.
I have loved everything I have ever had from Willett! There are so many good up and coming brands these days!

Rowan's Creek was very good. It definitely reminds you of Willet. It is very smooth with a bit of sweet at the end. I had it with a couple guys for dinner and they all agreed it was very good. The only sad thing was we can't grab it in Oklahoma... Thanks again @KY Golfer
@H8tobogie

Anyone have any insight to this. Have had it a long time waiting for special moment to open. 20201207_105851.jpg

@KY Golfer cocktail suggestion for you

The Elvis
2 oz. Howler Head Banana Bourbon
2 oz Skrewball Bourbon
Serve over Rock for after dinner dessert
Blend with ice for hot weather tropical cocktail

Needs a candied bacon stirrer..

The New Riff is pretty solid for being a younger bourbon since they are so new. It will be interesting once they get to age a bit longer. I think everything they've been releasing has been right at 4 years old. Once tey get in the 6-7 year range I'm interested how they turn out.

Back