Trying to decide which is being opened tonight.

dalmore-18-year-old-whisky.jpg

highland-park-18-year-old-whisky.jpg

I have been drinking the Basil Hayden Dark Rye and it is by far my favorite for anything in the price range. Anyone else try it yet?

Woodford is a simpler profile. Wild Turkey 101 is good. 1792 is a good option there as well. Four Roses small batch is a similar price and a little different flavor.
I have had the 1792 and liked it, simple taste for a simple mind I have apparently..

Give it a shot. It’s a Buffalo Trace product for what it’s worth.
Both Buffalo Trace and Barton 1792 are both owned by the same company, they are different products. 1792 does not make any whiskey at the Buffalo Trace distillery.

Both Buffalo Trace and Barton 1792 are both owned by the same company, they are different products. 1792 does not make any whiskey at the Buffalo Trace distillery.
I assumed he meant the ancient age

I agree; however, I was referring to Ancient Age. Baylor Baller said he’d never tried it and I was just letting him know it was a Buffalo Trace product.

I agree; however, I was referring to Ancient Age. Baylor Baller said he’d never tried it and I was just letting him know it was a Buffalo Trace product.
Yes, definitely correct.

Went into the liquor store the other day to buy some Willet only to find they don't sell it in Michigan at all. :mad: Ended up with a bottle of Michter's Small Batch instead and really enjoyed it quite a bit.

What are some other tasty bourbon's in that $40-60 range?

I just found out Michigan sucks. I was gifted a bourbon of the month type thing from Flaviar and they won't/can't ship to Michigan because of the laws. :mad: so stupid.

Give it a shot. It’s a Buffalo Trace product for what it’s worth.
My mother would drink Ancient Age until she was red in the face. It's not a product I would consider for the drinker who prefers bourbon neat or with an ice cube. Even @Stemmy66 refused to take any in his liquor cabinet raids. YMMV, of course.

My mother would drink Ancient Age until she was red in the face. It's not a product I would consider for the drinker who prefers bourbon neat or with an ice cube. Even @Stemmy66 refused to take any in his liquor cabinet raids. YMMV, of course.
I had a very low threshold but I wouldn’t cross with AA 😳

Went into the liquor store the other day to buy some Willet only to find they don't sell it in Michigan at all. :mad: Ended up with a bottle of Michter's Small Batch instead and really enjoyed it quite a bit.

So many choices here. Knob Creek Single Barrel. Four Roses Single Barrel. Old Forester Bottled in Bond or Old Fine Whiskey or Statesman. Maker's Mark 46 or Cast Strength. So many choices in that price range.

alot of options in that range!

Buffalo Trace
Eagle Rare
Elijah Craig (small batch, barrel proof and 18 year all wonderful)
Evan Williams Vintage Single Barrel
Basil Hayden (8 year and 10 year are both great)
1792 Full Proof, Bottled in Bond or Sweet Wheat
Knob creek (store picks are GREAT!)
EH Taylor (single barrel if you can find it)
Blanton's (if you can find it)

Buffalo Trace
Eagle Rare
I’ve had quite a few of those but always looking to try new stuff. The Blantons is obviously he’s to find. Not sure I’ve seen EH Taylor around either but I will look thanks

Haha ironically we’ve got it all over the place up here. Regulated state pricing puts it around $25 lol
Best deal around ohio. Although the antique used to be that price as well. Not sure why but that one shot up.

1609189222120.png

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• B2F4AE58-E0BF-4822-8DF9-238EBACD42F1.jpeg
    B2F4AE58-E0BF-4822-8DF9-238EBACD42F1.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 4

Buffalo Trace
Eagle Rare
This list saved me some time. I would add Woodford Reserve as it is also a standby for me but all of the ones on this list are solid. One more that is good is Angel's Envy.

Great new, for me today, is this American whiskey Country Smooth @ $26.00. Popped the cork and took a whiff, very nice smell. 1st taste was smooth with a ever so faint peppery taste that turned into a nice syrupy taste.

Attachments

• 20201229_153641.jpg
    20201229_153641.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20201229_155322.jpg
    20201229_155322.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 6
Picked up some goodies.
B8DB9AE9-FFA6-47BF-869E-C861B2297D14.jpeg

Back