Some Johnny double black to end my 3 day weekend.. so much better than regular IMO

Friend ran into a bottle of Chicken Cock that we got into over the weekend. Aside from the all the obvious jokes, it was a good drink. Easy to drink though, so watch out as it isn't super cheap!

Picture for proof that this is a thing. Lol
1E2860B2-D974-4E63-A6E8-54569564789B.jpg

Have a favorite out of those picks?
I actually haven't opened any of them yet. The Jefferson's is a voyage 22 wheated recipe that is close to the the Ohio barrel selection that I got in the fall so I expect it to be pretty close and we really enjoy that one. I also have the Rebel Distiller's Collection Ohio barrel pick that is very good for the price so I expect that Party Source Rebel picks to be good too. I also haven't met a Weller Antique that I don't like so I'm sure I won't be disappointed by it either.

Am not a whiskey drinker, but was finally lucky enough to nab one of these passing through the Narita airport on my trip to Tokyo last month. I must of been to Tokyo at least 50 times over my flying career, and the airport duty free stores are always sold out of these, until last month. Don’t plan on opening it, but looks cool on the shelf.

Attachments

• 97903750-FB89-4277-84E9-27573F65A45B.jpeg
    97903750-FB89-4277-84E9-27573F65A45B.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 22
3, 4, 1, 2, 5

I just threw the rum in the picture because it’s been in the cabinet for like 3yrs. My wife worked with a guy from Columbia and he brought that back for her. Neither of us are rum fans

My preference - 4,2,1,3

Last edited:
I just threw the rum in the picture because it’s been in the cabinet for like 3yrs. My wife worked with a guy from Columbia and he brought that back for her. Neither of us are rum fans

My preference - 4,2,1,3
You like the small batch more than the single barrel? Interesting. I go 4, 3,2 but I have not had the Willett.

Friend ran into a bottle of Chicken Cock that we got into over the weekend. Aside from the all the obvious jokes, it was a good drink. Easy to drink though, so watch out as it isn't super cheap!

Picture for proof that this is a thing. Lol
1E2860B2-D974-4E63-A6E8-54569564789B.jpg
I can vouch for it. Friend who is a bourbon collector brings around a dozen different pours to our football tailgates each week. 2 years ago he brought an older bottle of Chicken Cock one week. Very good.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You like the small batch more than the single barrel? Interesting. I go 4, 3,2 but I have not had the Willett.

Yeah, it’s smoother to me. I could be wrong but I think the single barrels can vary a lot from bottle to bottle. But I ain’t no expert and I could’ve imagined that. I do plan on picking up another one at some point

Yeah, it’s smoother to me. I could be wrong but I think the single barrels can vary a lot from bottle to bottle. But I ain’t no expert and I could’ve imagined that. I do plan on picking up another one at some point
They do vary, but I have always been happy with whoever does the barrel selecting. Not poo pooing your opinion by any means. (y)

They do vary, but I have always been happy with whoever does the barrel selecting. Not poo pooing your opinion by any means. (y)

I didn’t take it that way, no worries. I’m new to this bourbon stuff. And really it depends on the day. If you ask me tomorrow I might say the SiB over the Small Batch :LOL:

I think we need to work on getting another outing together for this summer when things start getting back to normal.
Yes Sir!! @Qwkz51 @LLIB & myself have already talked about it and once things seem to be heading towards some type of normalcy it will happen. Thinking Lexington area as of right now with Buffalo Trace, Woodford and others in the possible plans. You will definitely be a part of the planning for sure.

Best part is, there's no wrong decision!

I picked this one up for less than $25 at Target, not too shabby!
IMG_6733.jpeg

Not usually a rye guy, but it was in stock and pretty cheap, so I brought it home.
20210218_173754.jpg

Always on the shelves here. Always in my rotation. But try and find Weller, Stagg, or E.H. Taylor here and you are out of luck.

Not here. They just got it in a few hours before I got there. Limited everyone to 1 bottle and I still almost missed it. And the others you mentioned are just a pipe dream around here

Not here. They just got it in a few hours before I got there. Limited everyone to 1 bottle and I still almost missed it. And the others you mentioned are just a pipe dream around here
Its crazy how that works. I saw a guy post a pic at his store with rows and rows of Weller. I have been able to buy one bottle of antique 107 in the last year. I could literally be back with 12 - 750 bottles of Buffalo Trace and 6 - 1.75s in 10 minutes.

Back