Favorite episode. Go!

Mine:

Homeland
The Samurai

The Samurai is one of my all time favorites also. Like the episodes that have Fitzsimmons in them, like the interaction between MacCloud and Fitzsimmons. It's a real hoot. Also like Joe Dawson.

A single barrel store pick too. Even though all Eagle Rare is a single barrel but they aren't allowed to call it that any longer.
All Eagle Rare is a single barrel? First I've heard that.

1792 full proof single barrel tonight.

Really really good. And surprising after not liking their lower proof stuff.

1792 full proof single barrel tonight.

Really really good. And surprising after not liking their lower proof stuff.
yeah, Full Proof is so good.

All Eagle Rare is a single barrel? First I've heard that.
It used to actually say it was a 10 year single barrel on the bottle but they changed their bottling line a few years ago to remove it because it was technically possible a small amount of the previous barrel could be in the line when they start bottling the new barrel based on what I had heard. I used to have a bottle here at home that still said single barrel on it but I must have finished it off at some point. Supposedly this changed a little over 5-6 years ago. This used to be the label on it.

1614309544947.png

Found a couple bottles of Basil Hayden 10 year rye. It was $100. Is that worth it? If so, I’ll go back and snag a bottle.

Found a couple bottles of Basil Hayden 10 year rye. It was $100. Is that worth it? If so, I’ll go back and snag a bottle.

No. Nothing Basil Hayden offers is worth $100.

Find a Rare Breed Rye and thank me later.

Just my personal opinion, there is no reason to spend more than $35 for a 750ml bottle of 80° alcohol. In my opinion, you should buy 5 bottles of Old Grand Dad Bonded and get a better bourbon made of the same juice.

It used to actually say it was a 10 year single barrel on the bottle but they changed their bottling line a few years ago to remove it because it was technically possible a small amount of the previous barrel could be in the line when they start bottling the new barrel based on what I had heard. I used to have a bottle here at home that still said single barrel on it but I must have finished it off at some point. Supposedly this changed a little over 5-6 years ago. This used to be the label on it.

View attachment 8995308
I just read up on it. Bourbon is an interesting business for sure.

I just read up on it. Bourbon is an interesting business for sure.
yeah, For all intents and purposes it still is a single barrel to my knowledge, they just legally can't call it that any longer. It begs the question on how they bottle their single barrel picks differently to still be able to call them a single barrel. I'm guessing they do something to clear the lines out between all the different single barrel picks they offer and probably use a different bottling process. I've been on the tour where they take you into the Blanton's bottling room but i don't remember the details.

I’ve only had BH once and I wouldn’t buy it again. I think I paid $40, took 2 drinks, and gave it to a guy at work

I’ve only had BH once and I wouldn’t buy it again. I think I paid $40, took 2 drinks, and gave it to a guy at work
Interesting - what was your complaint? I normally have a bottle on hand since for $44 on sale it is a good enough week night drinker.

Interesting - what was your complaint? I normally have a bottle on hand since for $44 on sale it is a good enough week night drinker.

Just didn’t like it. It didn’t have any flavor, almost like it was watered down

Some rye and lemonade earlier prepping the food for the smoker
20210227_123859.jpg

A guy at my poker game last week had a bottle of Basil Haden Red Rye that I tried. It was really tasty. I'm a port fan and the port finish in this makes it a whole different animal from the normal rye I drink. Gonna try it in an Old Fashioned tonight.

For my tasting pleasure tonight.................................

dalmore-15-year-old-whisky.jpg

Just haven't figured out what to watch tonight. :unsure: :laughing:

Back