Old Grandad 117 tonight. Delicious

Curious.......is anyone looking for anything i might be able to help out with? Ohio has the 2nd-3rd largest allotment in the united states. Not to mention its pricing is regulated by the state. Thus......we get everything for the best prices.

Iโ€™m not looking for anything in particular just something unique and good to take on an upcoming trip with some fellow forum members. We donโ€™t get anything good down here

Iโ€™m not looking for anything in particular just something unique and good to take on an upcoming trip with some fellow forum members. We donโ€™t get anything good down here
PM ME! Happy to see if theres anything I might have in my own cabinet with multiples or even willing to look around if you have something in mind. Not joking my friend!. PM me. If its for fellow THPers......im always happy to help

Curious.......is anyone looking for anything i might be able to help out with? Ohio has the 2nd-3rd largest allotment in the united states. Not to mention its pricing is regulated by the state. Thus......we get everything for the best prices.

Excellent gesture! Thatโ€™s what makes this forum so great!

Never had a Jim Beam product. How was it?

Blantonโ€™s gold?
Blantons yes. Blantons gold is in an OHIO lottery and if you win you get to buy one bottle. Funny to me th things people are looking for that literally noone has a stock of. Im happy to help. But, if its super rare.....more than likely its just super rare. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Blantons yes. Blantons gold is in an OHIO lottery and if you win you get to buy one bottle. Funny to me th things people are looking for that literally noone has a stock of. Im happy to help. But, if its super rare.....more than likely its just super rare. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I figured as much. Figured I would throw it out there. Blantonโ€™s regular is really hard to find here. And if you do itโ€™s always way overpriced.

I figured as much. Figured I would throw it out there. Blantonโ€™s regular is really hard to find here. And if you do itโ€™s always way overpriced.
luckily here....the sate regulates the price. I could almost guarantee our pricing on anything at retail is the lowest in the country. Thus.....why we get so much allocation.

Been a THP member for years, but just came across this thread. Looking forward to expanding my whiskey knowledge here!

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

luckily here....the sate regulates the price. I could almost guarantee our pricing on anything at retail is the lowest in the country. Thus.....why we get so much allocation.

Prices are not regulated here in Texas. So, retail price for anything allocated is more of a myth than anything.

This is true. But for the good stuff you need to camp out at the grocery stores for their weekly deliveries in Columbus. Is it any different up there?

Enjoying this tonight after playing golf for the first time in 2 months. Very smooth.
3550668615ec39cd98b2bbfb3cdaabc4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

This is true. But for the good stuff you need to camp out at the grocery stores for their weekly deliveries in Columbus. Is it any different up there?

Well, i refuse to camp. lol. I dont have that kind of time. I guess t would depend on what you think is "the good stuff". Ive evetually found what I wanted. Just have to time it right and get a little luck. That being said, we get more than almost anyone else.

Well, i refuse to camp. lol. I dont have that kind of time. I guess t would depend on what you think is "the good stuff". Ive evetually found what I wanted. Just have to time it right and get a little luck. That being said, we get more than almost anyone else.
Well, here in Columbus, people stake out any store where they hear they are getting Blanton's, Eagle Rare, Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, anything EH Taylor, anything limited when it comes down to it.

I certainly have better things to do than get up extra early on Saturday morning to go sit at Giant Eagle waiting for them to start selling any of the allocated stuff at 9:00 AM. With over 200 bottles on my shelf I certainly have most of everything I want and I did it without camping out for hours for it. At this point I just like to collect various barrel selections of things I obtain here in Ohio or on my random road trip across the river.

Well, here in Columbus, people stake out any store where they hear they are getting Blanton's, Eagle Rare, Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, anything EH Taylor, anything limited when it comes down to it.

I certainly have better things to do than get up extra early on Saturday morning to go sit at Giant Eagle waiting for them to start selling any of the allocated stuff at 9:00 AM. With over 200 bottles on my shelf I certainly have most of everything I want and I did it without camping out for hours for it. At this point I just like to collect various barrel selections of things I obtain here in Ohio or on my random road trip across the river.

Same here man. Id say almost every store has lines on certain days. Its ridiculous. They need to allow the store a bit more flexibility to stagger the shelvng. The same dumb ass people are getting the stuff evey time. Most of them arent drinking it. Theyre selling it. Thats not good for the state or anyone that wants a chance to buy it.

Same here man. Id say almost every store has lines on certain days. Its ridiculous. They need to allow the store a bit more flexibility to stagger the shelvng. The same dumb ass people are getting the stuff evey time. Most of them arent drinking it. Theyre selling it. Thats not good for the state or anyone that wants a chance to buy it.
Kroger stores here put them out when their deliveries arrive but Giant Eagle holds them for Saturday release. Either way people know when stuff is getting put out. There is a small market here near my house that gets their deliveries on Wednesday but puts stuff out at random. They won't even tell anyone what they received. I think that is the way it should be too keep the same people from hoarding every week.

With that being said, I'm willing to pay a small amount more for something I really want instead of waiting in a grocery store line for 3 hours or more and I certainly won't pay outrageous secondary prices for things like Pappy Van Winkle.

A guy at my poker game last week had a bottle of Basil Haden Red Rye that I tried. It was really tasty. I'm a port fan and the port finish in this makes it a whole different animal from the normal rye I drink. Gonna try it in an Old Fashioned tonight.

If you can find it in your area, Woodinville Port Finished Cask is wonderful Bourbon!

How do you keep your bottles safe on the way home? I never knew what the cubby was in the back until now!
IMG_6760.jpegIMG_6759.jpeg

Back