Vader

Professional lurker
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Too many
I got really lucky and found this in a hole in the wall shop. It is really good. Thinking of going back for the remaining 2 bottles...

gmiller598

Par 3 Net Zero
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Tried that for the first time last night. I've not been a JD fan since I mostly equated it to metal bands chugging that stuff on stage and not quality but since it is essentially bourbon made in TN and they've started making other offerings I was interested to give them a try again. It was quite good.

RabidWombats

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
a lot
Tried that for the first time last night. I've not been a JD fan since I mostly equated it to metal bands chugging that stuff on stage and not quality but since it is essentially bourbon made in TN and they've started making other offerings I was interested to give them a try again. It was quite good.
They did a special release this year that was a barrel proof rye. It went quick and from what I’ve heard it’s also really good.

MarMill

#Paradise2020
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8-9

baylrballa

Hackers Love Puppies
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Omg I need some more pictures.
This stupid thing is the best alcohol related purchase I have ever made.
I ordered some storage tubes and a logo'd t-shirt. Because my storage options compromised the ice.
I have bought cheaper whiskey for the sole purpose of putting it on this gorgeous ice.

So yeah, it's ok.

MarMill

#Paradise2020
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8-9
Omg I need some more pictures.
This stupid thing is the best alcohol related purchase I have ever made.
I ordered some storage tubes and a logo'd t-shirt. Because my storage options compromised the ice.
I have bought cheaper whiskey for the sole purpose of putting it on this gorgeous ice.

So yeah, it's ok.

baylrballa

Hackers Love Puppies
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
This might be the worst ball of the three batches I've made.
And it is still light-years ahead of my prior attempts.

PXL_20210401_031321155._exported_33_1617247082139.jpg

greekelite

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My buddys got a pretty decent collection id say
20210401_161005.jpg

UberPete

Golfin' in the Hammer
Reaction score
Handicap
no skill?
I used to drink Canadian Rye and coke as my bar drink of choice back when I could still get up and feel human the morning after. It's mostly beer and wine now.

However, a colleague recently presented me with a bottle of Legent Bourbon so I am testing my palette.

I have a couple bitters being delivered tomorrow and wes going to experiment over the weekend making some Old Fashioneds.

Anyhow, I'd be curious to hear some input on whiskey stones. If this weekend's foray goes well, then I might pick up a set to help along my newest vice.

I like the aesthetic appeal of the natural stone but think the stainless are probably better at cooling and cleaning.

blugold

Autobots, roll out!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12 or so.
I used to drink Canadian Rye and coke as my bar drink of choice back when I could still get up and feel human the morning after. It's mostly beer and wine now.

However, a colleague recently presented me with a bottle of Legent Bourbon so I am testing my palette.

I have a couple bitters being delivered tomorrow and wes going to experiment over the weekend making some Old Fashioneds.

Anyhow, I'd be curious to hear some input on whiskey stones. If this weekend's foray goes well, then I might pick up a set to help along my newest vice.

I like the aesthetic appeal of the natural stone but think the stainless are probably better at cooling and cleaning.
I have a set of stones. I never use them. I have ice block molds if I want to pout a cocktail over ice.

I very rarely drink my bourbon with ice.

UberPete

Golfin' in the Hammer
Reaction score
Handicap
no skill?
I have a set of stones. I never use them. I have ice block molds if I want to pout a cocktail over ice.

I very rarely drink my bourbon with ice.
Thanks for your input. I'm reading about the benefit of spherical ice molds. I think for the presentation side, they would also have their own appeal.

I've sampled the bourbon that was given to me and found it pretty enjoyable when I cut it with a little cool water. Hopefully that doesn't make too many people cringe...

blugold

Autobots, roll out!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12 or so.
Thanks for your input. I'm reading about the benefit of spherical ice molds. I think for the presentation side, they would also have their own appeal.

I've sampled the bourbon that was given to me and found it pretty enjoyable when I cut it with a little cool water. Hopefully that doesn't make too many people cringe...
You drink your bourbon however you want anybody who says otherwise should be disregarded.

RabidWombats

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
a lot
You drink your bourbon however you want anybody who says otherwise should be disregarded.
Completely agree. There is only one way to drink bourbon and that is how ever you pour it.

JonD

Enjoys long walks to the bar
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Same here. I've had the stones in my freezer for years and think I've maybe used them twice. If you're looking for some easy molds, I have some Tovolos and they're great. Not clear ice, but I find that isn't really worth the hassle for me. They also have golf ball ones.

Iceman!

THPer formerly known as "markm778"
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Same here. I've had the stones in my freezer for years and think I've maybe used them twice. If you're looking for some easy molds, I have some Tovolos and they're great. Not clear ice, but I find that isn't really worth the hassle for me. They also have golf ball ones.

I have the Tovolo golf ball mold and I really like them.
I always have my "Brown Liqueur" with ice.

Jaw2000

Husband, Father, Old, Deaf Guy
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Carbs
After fixing the kitchen sink, running 31.29 minute 5 k, as an old former fat guy (90 lbs lighter today, from my start 1 March 20)

Let's call it a day with Jefferson's ocean voyage 17. And the rolling stones.
1617416315317.jpeg

greekelite

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A couple bulleit Manhattan tonight while out for dinner .. going to have to practice making these at home

finsfan21

Reaction score
20210403_190645.jpgNot something I would normally buy but bought on suggestion. Not the greatest bourbon I have ever had but for sure the best value I have ever had. Surprisingly tasty and a huge value at $22. I like it more than some more expensive bourbons like Buffalo Trace. I recommend you give it a try.

gmiller598

Par 3 Net Zero
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm having a little bit of EH Taylor Small Batch tonight. Haven't dug into this bottle in a while but I always love the EHT stuff.

gmiller598

Par 3 Net Zero
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Wonder what this would go for on the secondary market?

View attachment 9001487
No clue but I bet if someone tried to sell it Augusta would try to claim exclusive ownership of it and try to repossess it like a green jacket.

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
I got this bottle to open this weekend!

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in