Though I am enjoying a 1792 and Vernors with my evening cigar right now, I just restocked the cabinet with some more Buffalo Trace at $22/bottle from the local grocery store earlier today. It is better to have a stock of good bourbon and no money than to have money and no stock of good bourbon.

Simple single barrel sort of night.

IMG_20210517_185318_416.jpg

Decided to do a side by side of Maker's Mark Wood Finishing Series from 2019, 2021, and 2021 tonight. I think I like 2020 the best.

Today's haul. Excited for both. Heard great things about Laws and surprisingly good things about the cheap stuff too. 🤣
20210520_145422.jpg

Had been waiting for the right time to open the pony up. Here’s to the last drink as a “bachelor” and to the married life tomorrow!! Cheers THP

fbcd15db7007da9d96559ee3ecc8a04a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had been waiting for the right time to open the pony up. Here’s to the last drink as a “bachelor” and to the married life tomorrow!! Cheers THP

Congrats to you and your bride!

Enjoy the dram!

My Congratulations on your wedding and my condolences to your free time. lol!

I went into my local store looking for Eagle Rare.
Told me no chance, that they only get deliveries from Buffalo Trace once a month and people wait outside the door when the truck shows up.
Apparently there is a Eagle Rare Facebook group and they let each other know when the truck is coming...

I went into my local store looking for Eagle Rare.
Told me no chance, that they only get deliveries from Buffalo Trace once a month and people wait outside the door when the truck shows up.
Apparently there is a Eagle Rare Facebook group and they let each other know when the truck is coming...

my local store just had a raffle for right to buy a bottle. Said it was the 6th one theyve gotten in 2.5 years. lol

my local store just had a raffle for right to buy a bottle. Said it was the 6th one theyve gotten in 2.5 years. lol

BT and Eagle Rare are hard to find sometimes in PA but not as bad as mentioned above.

Not a whiskey but scored a bottle of Utopias from Sam Adam's. Excited to try it!
It was aged in Buffalo Trace Barrels :)
20210524_151829.jpg

Last edited:

:unsure:

Congratulations, I got married on the 21st. Celebrated with three new bottles:
Macallan 15
Oban 14
Eagle Rare

Scored a store pick today. Last one and they went on sale this morning.
20210529_155604.jpg

My cousin and her husband are in town so last night we sampled Angels Envy, Woodford Reserve, Widow Jane 10 year, and Blanton's

Thank you to everyone who replied to my above comment! I find it hard to reply to everyone on my phone, so I normally wait until I’m on the desktop. I just wanted to truly say thank you to everyone. I appreciate the responses, and the THP community!!

Also, the (New) Mrs. and I did a Rt. 1 road trip in lieu of our previously scheduled Maldives trip (thank you Covid), but picked this bottle up on the beginning of the trip. Not normally a huge rye fan, but it truly tastes like a strong iced tea, and damn is it delicious!! Honestly may have jumped in to my top 3, and ZERO shot it makes it to the end of the trip

895b16135c21572b04c1a5db6beb6193.jpg

Congratulations, I got married on the 21st. Celebrated with three new bottles:
Macallan 15
Oban 14
Eagle Rare

Congratulations!!

Haven’t ventured much past bourbon/rye, but would love to hear your opinion on the Macallan and Oban!! ER is a for sure favorite, and always on my bar

Haven’t ventured much past bourbon/rye, but would love to hear your opinion on the Macallan and Oban!! ER is a for sure favorite, and always on my bar
Macallan is somewhat of a fan favorite in the scotch world, however, overpriced. The 15 is fantastic, some like it better than their 18 and it's a lot less expensive. Oban 14 is a terrific scotch for the money, seems I always have a bottle of this one around.

While visiting in Denver recently a friend poured me some of this. I was very impressed. Anyone here try it?
1622478761177.png

Thank you to everyone who replied to my above comment! I find it hard to reply to everyone on my phone, so I normally wait until I’m on the desktop. I just wanted to truly say thank you to everyone. I appreciate the responses, and the THP community!!

Also, the (New) Mrs. and I did a Rt. 1 road trip in lieu of our previously scheduled Maldives trip (thank you Covid), but picked this bottle up on the beginning of the trip. Not normally a huge rye fan, but it truly tastes like a strong iced tea, and damn is it delicious!! Honestly may have jumped in to my top 3, and ZERO shot it makes it to the end of the trip

895b16135c21572b04c1a5db6beb6193.jpg

Congrats on the nuptials and that is not a bad way to start off the honeymoon. The four year ryes that Willet puts out are typically fantastic.

Back