I also picked up some Weller Green Label, you’ll like that I think. I’ll put some in a flask for when we go to MOG
And I'll bring some red, have a little whiskey tasting while banging golf balls...

I like where this is going...

And I'll bring some red, have a little whiskey tasting while banging golf balls...

I like where this is going...
Lol heck yeah

3b7df15df66fe52369f9e1d3e9d96240.jpg

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to ask a question about this neck label as well, and then noticed it said original "single barrel" bourbon. Then I hear claims that Elijah Craig was the original bourbon producer, but you look a little closer, and they claim that he was the first one to age bourbon in charred white oak barrels. Yet, they call him the "Father of Bourbon"! Eh, who knows? I guess as long as it's good, we don't care where it comes from.

Drinking some Jefferson's Ocean and Jefferson's Reserve - both single cask bottlings for a local whisky store. Quite nice.

In Cincinnati for the week. Hunting for stuff I can't get at home.
1130211551.jpg

I was going to ask a question about this neck label as well, and then noticed it said original "single barrel" bourbon. Then I hear claims that Elijah Craig was the original bourbon producer, but you look a little closer, and they claim that he was the first one to age bourbon in charred white oak barrels. Yet, they call him the "Father of Bourbon"! Eh, who knows? I guess as long as it's good, we don't care where it comes from.
Everything else has been traditionally a blend. Blanton's takes credit for being the first bottled from a single barrel to be sold and labeled as such commercially.

it's actually really pleasant.

I prefer the regular jameson over the ipa version by a good bit.
I gravitate to the black barrel out of all of them, but I'm a bourbon guy.

I was just gifted a bottle of Four Roses bourbon.I'll have to take a break from Bullitt for a few days

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

I was just gifted a bottle of Four Roses bourbon.I'll have to take a break from Bullitt for a few days

If it's the single barrel it's 1000 steps up from Bullitt.

about 5000% better than Bulleit

My wife picked me up a bottle of Horse Soldier and I’m really enjoying it.

7444B498-C47E-4B5F-B686-627FBA975A7C.jpeg

Just took the family to Buffalo Trace this past Friday. They were offering Blanton's so we each scored a bottle. They didn't have Bourbon Cream because they can't get bottles. Damn supply chain. Also went to Old Taylor which is in Millville just outside of Frankfort. Place looks like a castle.

depends on which one.
I have always liked the Bulleit Rye better than the bourbon. Its not terrible for a budget bottle but there are several others I would choose first.

Drinking some Jefferson's Ocean and Jefferson's Reserve - both single cask bottlings for a local whisky store. Quite nice.
The Jefferson's Ocean is some nice stuff!

The Jefferson's Ocean is some nice stuff!
I get a kick out of how oily it is compared to other bourbons - it almost drinks like a single malt in some ways.

Back