Our local grocery store here in Sedona always has Buffalo Trace in stock and on the shelves, and it is currently under $25. No big deal, I had no idea it isn't like that everywhere...

Made a stop by to visit my new friend Chuck. Four Roses small batch is on shelf. Blantons is hideaway in the back. Was able to grab a bottle of Blantons. Chuck and I are starting to become really good friends. 4A1988A5-DE26-4FC3-B539-FC9A605FF294.jpeg

Made a stop by to visit my new friend Chuck. Four Roses small batch is on shelf. Blantons is hideaway in the back. Was able to grab a bottle of Blantons. Chuck and I are starting to become really good friends.
Good buys. I am still hunting for Blantons in my area. The closest I have gotten is an employee going to get one only to be told they just sold the last 2 bottles moments before.

Good buys. I am still hunting for Blantons in my area. The closest I have gotten is an employee going to get one only to be told they just sold the last 2 bottles moments before.
This bottle came from a stash in back of store. Girl that works there can’t sell out of that stash. Owner decides who is worthy. I’ll make a few more trips in to see what I can find. I know he has 3 bottles of Pappy he’s been offered 400 each

Our local grocery store here in Sedona always has Buffalo Trace in stock and on the shelves, and it is currently under $25. No big deal, I had no idea it isn't like that everywhere...
Its crazy how the choose to distribute. it pops up in Ohio every couple of months but I can go to Indiana and it is readily available.

Killed the single barrel jack, now I have sads.

I want to drink a stinky scotch tonight.

I need to consider:

Ardbeg 10
Laphroaig 10 Cask Strength
Belvanie 14 Peat Week
Lagavulin 16

I need to consider:

Ardbeg 10
Belvanie 14 Peat Week
Lagavulin 16
Mmmm.

I need to add the cask strength Laphroaig to my try list.

Hard to go wrong with the ardbeg 10 though. Yummy stink.

Mmmm.

I need to add the cask strength Laphroaig to my try list.

Hard to go wrong with the ardbeg 10 though. Yummy stink.
You're right.

On both accounts.

The Laphroaig 10 CS is just all muscle. I like the Lagavulin 16, but it's under proofed and that's where the Laphroaig just takes over.

You're right.

On both accounts.

The Laphroaig 10 CS is just all muscle. I like the Lagavulin 16, but it's under proofed and that's where the Laphroaig just takes over.
Yeah the lagavulin 16 is almost too good. :LOL: sometimes I want a punch in the face, not a tickle.

I need to consider:

Ardbeg 10
Belvanie 14 Peat Week
Lagavulin 16
If you're going for peatiness, it's ardbeg, lagavulin, Laphroaig, And balvanie for me

If you're going for profile with peaty, it's lagavulin, Laphroaig, balvanie, ardbeg IMO

Not political. Stupid, yes. I mean, while there is an ABC board, I think all states have some variant/control.

I think it's taxes, like gasoline. I also filled up today for $3.90 gallon, a full $1.25 gallon less than the Commonwealth, last time I filled up before we escaped.

You are absolutely right, It is much like gasoline, except not as heavily taxed! We imported wine from Europe for years! The thing that scared most producers was the fact that after dealing with the Feds, they would have to deal with 50 individual states! The liquor control laws are held there. So, It's like dealing with 51 different governments to get nationwide distibution! Not something many small outfits can afford to do!

They need to get my truck finished. Bourbon prices in Colorado are a little more than back in Oklahoma. Chuck ordered this in for me. My new best friend 974C2277-1371-47AC-B2BA-4CE5024C0C23.jpeg

Popped open the bottle of eagle rare last night. it was decent, nothing to go crazy over.. I think the smoke wagon was better but I'll give them each another go tomorrow

Popped open the bottle of eagle rare last night. it was decent, nothing to go crazy over.. I think the smoke wagon was better but I'll give them each another go tomorrow
Eagle rare isn’t amazing BUT it’s amazing for the price

It *was* amazing for the price. I haven't found a bottle in years and I bet the price (here in Wisco anyways) has out grown the flavor.

Fair point, I've definitely had worse 40$ bottles.. I thought the store F'd up when they said it was 40, some sites have it for 75-80 so I guess I was expecting a little more if that was the actual price.. for 40 bucks I could pour freely to friends

Fair point, I've definitely had worse 40$ bottles.. I thought the store F'd up when they said it was 40, some sites have it for 75-80 so I guess I was expecting a little more if that was the actual price.. for 40 bucks I could pour freely to friends
Yeah around here it used to be $33 which made it amazing. Hard to find these days but I wouldn’t pay more than $45, much better stuff in that range

I just picked up JD BONDED and Powers - John's Lane (Irish)
haven't had either

Tonight’s choice
61FC418D-B4D3-42F0-A12B-2869F66A8F60.jpeg

Heading up to the cottage for a week or so to play the Shanty Creek courses. I can't wait to get a taste of the Ardbeg Uigeadail my buddy always leaves me after he uses the place for a getaway.

This is a lovely single barrel store pick of a special release bourbon from my favorite little distillery in Wisconsin.

IMG_20220804_210703909~2.jpg

Back