i have a couple unopened bottles of crown XR .I am trying not to open as they are already fetching a pretty penny and i am hoping the value increases once the remaining supply runs out. may eventually open one just so i can finally taste it.

But i am more of a rum drinker myself . Pyrat is tops on my list

Saturday night, I got to have a few good bourbons. Started with Eagle rare, very good. 2nd was a Van Winkle ( it did not say Perry but Rip )and it was good as well. Last was Blantons, great night of bourbons.

sounds like it. Which one did you like the best? Got a new bottle of Blanton's for Christmas. Also had some Willett on Christmas day. Good stuff.

I have to pick up some of that Eagle Rare, never had it and everybody seems to really enjoy it.

sounds like it. Which one did you like the best? Got a new bottle of Blanton's for Christmas. Also had some Willett on Christmas day. Good stuff.

Thats a tough choice. They were all very good, gun to head would be Blantons, Eagle Rare and Van Winkle. I would be very happy with any of them and its hard to say that one was better than the other because they were very similar to me.

Sipped on some Elmer T Lee recently but have also been enjoying some aquavit a buddy distilled. That was new to me and quite enjoyable.

I stopped by the ABC store to pick up a bottle, I asked the clerk if they had any Perry Van Winkle and he said good luck. They have a year long waiting list that is sold out! I had a Rip Van Winkle that was good but I am not sure if its the same line ( doubt it ). Have any of you had the PVW and how was it?

Some other ones to try that I really enjoy is Evan Williams Single Barrel very good for the price. Four Roses Yellow Label for the price concisous. Here in Indiana we do have one called Harrison that is absolutely amazing! They have a governor's that is barrel proof the master distiller knows his stuff and made a great presentation when we kicked off the brand. Suprised no one has mentioned 1792 this is a great bottle that compares very well to Woodford and is cheaper.

Hands down, the best bourbon I have ever had is Dry Fly Bourbon from a local distillery here in Spokane.
They have won lots of awards for all there products and I just love the bourbon.
All of their raw ingredients are local and purchased from no farther than 30 miles from town.

My favorite golf/beach drinks are sweet tea bourbon and lemonade or JD honey and lemonade/water. Delicious on the course or anytime out in the sun.

Drinking at home I like johnnie walker black and up, JD gentleman and up, macallan, and jameson.

I am quite the collector/consumer of bourbon, I do have few whiskeys that are not bourbons. I enjoy all of them on the rocks or straight up. The wife says I have a problem cause we counted 17 bottles at Christmas.:act-up: The only problem that I could find was the are a pain to get out of the cabinet above the fridge.

Here's a short list (no particular order)
Makers 46
Eagle Rare
Bakers
Basil Hayden
Knobb Creek
Woodford Reserve
Rock Hill Farms
Wild Turkey
Makers
Jim Beam Black
Bookers

I am always on the look out for something I don't have.

If you are a Bourbon lover, take a look at these. Here in Washington we had our first Bourbon style release late last uear. I managed to get 4 of the first 100 numbered bottles signed by David Pickerell. He is a master distiller for Makers and for this company, Woodinvile Whiskey Co.

Tappin' using my Galaxy Tab

Some other ones to try that I really enjoy is Evan Williams Single Barrel very good for the price. Four Roses Yellow Label for the price concisous. Here in Indiana we do have one called Harrison that is absolutely amazing! They have a governor's that is barrel proof the master distiller knows his stuff and made a great presentation when we kicked off the brand. Suprised no one has mentioned 1792 this is a great bottle that compares very well to Woodford and is cheaper.

I really enjoy this. Very good Single Barrel Bourbon at a reasonable price. Other than that, Beam Black is the standard for me. I used to drink Single Malt Scotch but have now switched entirly to small batch/single barrel bourbons or the good Beam.

CHEERS

Okay, I read the whole thread and, being a bourbon drinker, actually picked up some new ones to try. So, I'll respond in kind and give y'all one to taste. It's called "1776". It is a premium, but not over the top on price. Very smooth, especially nice if you drink it neat or just over ice. Not sure if it is available everywhere, but you can get it in Georgia for sure. Enjoy!

Okay, I read the whole thread and, being a bourbon drinker, actually picked up some new ones to try. So, I'll respond in kind and give y'all one to taste. It's called "1776". It is a premium, but not over the top on price. Very smooth, especially nice if you drink it neat or just over ice. Not sure if it is available everywhere, but you can get it in Georgia for sure. Enjoy!

Did you mean 1792 from Ridgemont Reserve?

My bad. It most certainly is 1792!

It's pretty good for the price, the bottle looks nice behind the bar too. If you can remember the name of the whiskey then you can remember the year Kentucky became a state!

1792 is pretty well known. We need to do a THP Bourbon together, lol!

Eagle Rare is good... tried it for the first time while golfing in Florida a couple weeks ago at Palmer's Legends CC.

On my shelf is Woodford Reserve, Knob Creek, Maker's Mark and Bulleitt, as far as bourbon goes.

Had Bulliet the other night. Very nice.

My bad. It most certainly is 1792!

That is some solid stuff! One of my favorites if it is available when I am at a bar or at home just sipping on!

1792 is pretty well known. We need to do a THP Bourbon together, lol!

I could provide the bourbon that we sell. Let's call it KY and I can get a hold of the suppliers and set up some VIP tours.

I just tried Angels Envy and it is top notch! Super smooth and great flavor. I also picked up some Elijah Craig 18yr old single barrel that I'm looking forward to getting into

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but this is a little less quality than most of the above mentioned, but I'm on a college budget.

I've recently been picking up Wild Turkey American Honey. I HATE regular Wild Turkey, but this is delicious. I love it on ice or with water, nothing else. It's smooth and has a nice sweet finish without giving up everything that makes whiskey great.

It's not American, but this box showed up today as a gift. Jameson 18yr reserve is my go-to but I have not had this yet...

tn

Great thread. Being from and now living again in KY I'm impressed with everyone's selections. The natives here in the bluegrass state kind of see it like this:

normal/daily/at Keeneland betting on the ponies bourbon= Maker's
Upper/Middle= Woodford Reserve
Top shelf= Pappy is first and last word

Of course we love and drink them all except Jack Daniels (it is considered a college whiskey here; great brand and advertising, not so much substance). I don't really care, but that is just kind of the purist's viewpoint. If you go to Keeneland on a Saturday in April you will notice that they can get by with one bottle of Jack Daniels the whole day or weekend as only the college kids and out-of-staters drink it, where they need pallets of Maker's/Woodford.

I wish I wasn't dead tired and could offer up some other's to try but you fellas have hit all the best ones I believe.

Back