A little under proofed, but very good nonetheless. It's a very nice whisky.

13891eaddf59c8051c30a48e1442cf76.jpg

d68158661c38b68d6b104cbf5e77324c.jpg

I’m not much of a highland guy, islay is more my speed, but this came recommended by a friend so I’m giving it a go tonight. Plus I had room in the collection for a new bottle.
I got a small bottle of that in a Diageo sampler and I really liked it. I've been mulling over snagging a full bottle of this and/or their Game of Thrones release.

d68158661c38b68d6b104cbf5e77324c.jpg

I’m not much of a highland guy, islay is more my speed, but this came recommended by a friend so I’m giving it a go tonight. Plus I had room in the collection for a new bottle.

I’ll have to check that out. I don’t care for the really peaty scotches myself. But that’s why they make different styles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll have to check that out. I don’t care for the really peaty scotches myself. But that’s why they make different styles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not peaty at all and I’m a peat head. I would call this caramel pecans with a smoke finish. Softer like most highlands, almost a dessert scotch to my pallet

Pulled out a ln old bottle on J&B Rare tonight. Over cola, it’s not bad.

Tonight’s pour, eagle rare. After this week I earned the treat.

Afternoon blue label is a rare occasion. Sic em.

Oooooooooo hows the peated one?
It's good. They went a little stronger than I would have expected and overpowers some of what I like about the og single malt. Definitely good for a frigid night though.

It's good. They went a little stronger than I would have expected and overpowers some of what I like about the og single malt. Definitely good for a frigid night though.

I know what I’m going to try to hunt down for the collection this weekend. Thanks!!

Vanilla Crown is not bad

Last edited:
went out for drinks with a friend and ordered a flight of old forrester. 1870, 1897 and 1920. The 1870 was the first time I ever picked up a strong banana both on the nose and the finish. The finish was more laffy taffy banana.

the other two were hot on the tongue with the 1897 responding better to some water. the 1920 was just strong and a bit harsh no matter what.

I got to try a Highland Park 18 year this past weekend. I have never been a scotch fan, but this has opened my eyes to the "highland style" and it was fantastic!

Had some Angels Envy for my buddy’s bachelor party this weekend and boy that was SO smooth.

I was at a local liquor chain here in Chicago yesterday to buy a couple of bottles of single malt scotch and came across this collection below. A collection of single malt scotch from the Game Of Thrones. BTW, picked up some Oban 14 and a bottle of Highland Park Twisted Tattoo 16 yr old. :drinks:

Attachments

• shopping.jpg
    shopping.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 14
I was at a local liquor chain here in Chicago yesterday to buy a couple of bottles of single malt scotch and came across this collection below. A collection of single malt scotch from the Game Of Thrones. BTW, picked up some Oban 14 and a bottle of Highland Park Twisted Tattoo 16 yr old. :drinks:
Didn't get a chance to buy or try any other GoT scotch's, but the Lannister one is pretty good. Still have a 2nd bottle.

Didn't get a chance to buy or try any other GoT scotch's, but the Lannister one is pretty good. Still have a 2nd bottle.

These are something I will have to try in the near future. Thx for the headsup.

This year’s single barrel selection. We bought a barrel of Makers Mark Private Select.
572D4151-E9C7-459A-9D5E-356B1CA27C63.jpeg592E108F-0CC4-4C56-A396-E1A7A11F2511.jpegDFFEED14-CB01-40FB-ABAB-BF833F96C4E5.jpeg

What day is the Xmas Party!!!! :drinks:

Had some Angels Envy for my buddy’s bachelor party this weekend and boy that was SO smooth.

I think I may be the only one on this forum that does not care for Angels Envy.

Back