I’ve put a pretty good dent into this one today. 00EE34A0-6788-4361-B489-7573FFF93F3E.jpeg

I need some whiskey after all these posts

As the good bourbons are harder and harder to find, trying out some other options. This one is quite good for the price (sub $20)

C222AF7E-657A-4559-9EEA-0716065B3417.jpeg

Was mistakenly given some Woodford Reserve Malt Whiskey instead of the bourbon. Was disappointed until I tasted it. Highly recommend it for a very nice change of pace. Think Paddy Irish Whiskey but better aged to be even smoother with more flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little testing will be happening:
9EFD983E-0A4D-4F9D-870B-5FF13756DFD2.jpeg

3161c6b5636a3c2a06268081f2f19512.jpg

Fiancé surprised me with an early Christmas “stocking stuffer”!! Can’t wait to dive in to this. Merry early Christmas everyone!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice. I was able to get a bottle of the cask strength wheat whiskey but I have t opened it yet. I’m looking forward to trying it.

As the good bourbons are harder and harder to find, trying out some other options. This one is quite good for the price (sub $20)

View attachment 8983496

Speaking of cheaper whisky, does anyone have a favorite on the cheaper side of things? Not a huge whisky drinker but want to be. Can’t make a financial commitment to get a fancy bottle that I may or may not enjoy

Speaking of cheaper whisky, does anyone have a favorite on the cheaper side of things? Not a huge whisky drinker but want to be. Can’t make a financial commitment to get a fancy bottle that I may or may not enjoy

Evan Williams single Barrel - less than 30

4 roses single barrel between 35 and 50 depending on how greedy your liquor store is.

Old Forester 1910. 50-60. And would be my pick, followed by the Evan Williams, then the 4 roses.

If you are going for bourbon I would say Eagle Rare or Buffalo Trace if you can find them. Basil Hayden is also a very easy to drink bourbon at a good price point.

For an Irish I would strongly suggest Jameson caskmates (either the stout or ipa one.. Both good and the ipa one is a bit sweeter). Those are two of the easiest to drink Irish whiskeys at a lower price point in my opinion.

I will say, everyone I've given the Evan Williams to, I've asked how much they think it cost. Not one has said less than 50. It's very good, and I imagine eventually people will catch on , and like Weller, it will eventually be a 300% markup.

Evan Williams Bottles in Bond is a favorite of mine and usually always under $20.

Drinking on some TX right now

A client bought me this as a Christmas present. Gotdayum it's delicious!

IMG_20201226_162401213.jpg

A bunch of whiskeys are sold in 350ml bottles. Good choice. Otherwise, this is a good time of year for 50cl gift sampler packs. I know Heaven Hill sells one and it's a great buy.

knocked the bottom out of a bottle of Woodford Reserve yesterday, this whiskey thing is starting to grow on me.

Going to check out some of the others recommended in this thread. Could anyone suggest something that would be in the same general taste profile to the Woodford please.

Yeah, I haven't personally run in to that but have had some friends who have. If it's allocated here in Ohio, I know it is technically illegal for them to keep anything that is allocated to be set out. Absolutely does not stop them from hooking their "homies" up for sure though. Sorry that happened man!! Nothing worse than sitting in line for something shady to keep you from the good stuff!
Although depending on the liquor store they may also service wholesale accounts for restaurants and bars. If a bar or resturants wants a hard to find bottle in OH they will get it before it hits the general public.

knocked the bottom out of a bottle of Woodford Reserve yesterday, this whiskey thing is starting to grow on me.

Going to check out some of the others recommended in this thread. Could anyone suggest something that would be in the same general taste profile to the Woodford please.
Woodford is a simpler profile. Wild Turkey 101 is good. 1792 is a good option there as well. Four Roses small batch is a similar price and a little different flavor.

elijah craig

Back