White Driver Heads?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Lots of color options in driver heads exist, including some custom options. White was a craze that lasted a few years, when Cobra and then TaylorMade launched them. Did you like the look?

I played a white TM driver for a few years and loved it. It was my best performing driver to date. I liked the look, but generally will take performance over looks any day. This driver just happened to check both boxes for me.

Edit: just remembered the model- Burner Superfast 2.0

I didn’t mind it. I played a TaylorMade R1 for 7ish years. Wouldn’t go back though, I had to cover it with painters tape to get it to register properly on SkyTrak.

Not a fan. I prefer the all black look and much prefer matte over gloss. A Tsi3 with a matte crown would basically be perfection.

Reactions: MH
White heads never really bothered me. But I do prefer the black matte finish though (y)

I'd roll with white driver! White matte would look pretty slick

I liked it when it was new. Didn't think it wore great over time. I could play one again

For drivers-fairways-hybrids all of them white is o.k., but driver white while woods-hybrids are of a different color is not ok.

Always have played a black headed driver or a very dark gray. Not opposed to a white or different colored head but I’d be lying if I said it would be a benefiting factor when choosing.

The R11 was the only driver I think I’ve ever bought on release day. I loved the white look. Not so much now.

I've got one now. I want to replace it. Not because it's white. Because it's 9 years old. I'm not bothered by the color

Nope, no white drivers for me, not keen on my Blue Mizuno driver either but I hit it too well to change it

I have never used one but wouldn't rule it out.

I always wanted the R11, never owned one but they looked SWEET!

I never liked it as a full treatment. As an accent like on the TM heads now its not bad.. Complete white out. No thanks. The chalk Taylormade paint looked terrible after a single round.

I much prefer the newer look than the full white crown

I didn't hate the look. I don't think I ever played one. The closest I got was a silver Adams Fast 12.

I had an M1 that was a good driver but it wasn't full white.

I played a banana yellow Bang about 15 years ago, white....? it would be fine

Favorite? A carbon fiber ridgeback looking one

Definitely not my thing. I find it distracting and the ball doesn't contrast enough.

I don't like white drivers at all.

Loved the white Taylormade R11 that I had.Hit it better than some newer Cobra and Callaway drivers I got later. Finally got a Callaway Epic to work for me so the R1 was given to a neighbor.

Last edited:
I played the M1 for a while and did not mind it but I doubt I would choose it again.

Despite my reservations on the white head, I bought an AerorBurner Mini Driver several years ago. To my surprise, I grew to love it.

Back