White Driver Heads?

Definitely not my thing. I find it distracting and the ball doesn't contrast enough.

Just need a black ball? šŸ¤£ good luck finding it but the contrast would be good...

My first ā€œrealā€ driver when I got back into golf was a Tour Head R1 430 at 7.4* (cranked down to 5.4*). It wasnā€™t real forgiving but that thing was probably the hottest faced driver Iā€™ve had. If you centered it that sucker was going. Had a Speeder of some sort, 665 in TX maybe? I canā€™t remember. That one gave me a couple good years before the face caved on me. Iā€™ve never trusted a driver to annihilate the ball if I did my job more than I did that one.

Bought a pretty beat up one to try to replace it for a song (wasnā€™t a tour head). It doesnā€™t have the same hot face. Gave up once the market on them shot up about 2.5 years ago.

I really enjoyed my old R1. Until the B21 found it's way into my bag the R1 was the best driver I had played.

Just need a black ball? šŸ¤£ good luck finding it but the contrast would be good...

My first ā€œrealā€ driver when I got back into golf was a Tour Head R1 430 at 7.4* (cranked down to 5.4*). It wasnā€™t real forgiving but that thing was probably the hottest faced driver Iā€™ve had. If you centered it that sucker was going. Had a Speeder of some sort, 665 in TX maybe? I canā€™t remember. That one gave me a couple good years before the face caved on me. Iā€™ve never trusted a driver to annihilate the ball if I did my job more than I did that one.

Bought a pretty beat up one to try to replace it for a song (wasnā€™t a tour head). It doesnā€™t have the same hot face. Gave up once the market on them shot up about 2.5 years ago.
Funny - I actually saw some black balls for sale last time I was in Golf Town (back in October) and I thought the same thing! They'd all be one-hit-wonders! You'd never find those things again! I think they were a Volvik Vivid.

Lots of color options in driver heads exist, including some custom options. White was a craze that lasted a few years, when Cobra and then TaylorMade launched them. Did you like the look?
I didnā€™t hate it...but a lot of launch monitors sure did! :LOL:

I really loved the white driver and fw wood heads. Still do, but I don't have any in the bag currently.

After playing regularly for 20 years I took a long hiatus. Didn't golf or pay much attention to it for an 18 year stretch. When I decided to come back, Nov 2013, the white driver fad must've been wrapping up because I don't remember coveting anything white ... and I was coveting pretty much everything new and shiny since my return coincided with joining THP. I don't think I'd have anything against a white driver head despite never hitting one. I still see them everywhere. They do look dated to me though.

this is something i change my mind on every other time i think about it but really i'm indifferent

My first driver I bought when I picked the game back up in 2013 was a TM RocketBallz. Color has never really bothered me like some people.

Not for me. Tried some of the TaylorMades that friends had and just never liked the look.

The R11 is the only white driver I've played. White wasn't my favorite but I didn't dislike it either. After few swings, I didn't even notice the color.

Wasn't for me. I had a TM R1 driver, but waited until the R1 Black came out before I could pull the trigger.

I played the r11, r11s, and r1 (that one courtesy of THP testing). I thought they were fine at the time. Hit some of my longest drives of my life back in those days.

I liked it.
But the Sim is basically perfection at address IMO.

I never have played white drivers but always liked the look.

for a while, i was craving a white R15 driver...

I played multiple Taylormade white driver heads and didnā€™t really mind them too much other than I found they chipped paint really easily and I mustā€™ve had three different colours of white paint chip touch-up, all of which were slightly different shade. I just think the white was significantly more fragile and less durable than black.

The white Aeroburner TP will always have a special place in my heart.

Not for me I'm afraid, I just really don't like the look. Matt black for me all day, which is ironic since my current gamer is gloss black and the RadSpeed is Peacoat but those work fine for me!

About the only white I like on the driver head is how TaylorMade has done it with the M series. Outside of that it's a pass for me.

Never had a white driver, but had the RBZ 3w and 5w that had white heads

I don't mind it. My favorite finish was on my callaway x2 hot pro driver... it was like a matte charcoal.

I do not like the shiny carbon fiber.

I played a white TM Head for a couple of years, and actually really liked it.

However, I wish Callaway would bring back that Matte Silver/Grey finish they had on some of their drivers for a couple of years. That is my favorite finish

I have never owned one, and I would not be against one in general, but I donā€™t think I would prefer a white driver. I like how the black hides the little scratches and imperfections a driver picks up over time, and I donā€™t think white would do as good of a job.

If I did get a white driver, though, I would want it to be gloss. I think I am over the ā€œmatte everythingā€ trend.

I don't mind it, but my preference is definitely a gloss black or maybe a matte black. That said, with the right results I wouldn't have a problem gaming one. I played an R11S way back, and actually still have an R15 hybrid in the back with a white crown.

I did from a matte and sun glare thing, honestly I think I've gotten to the point that I can overlook some of the color schemes as long as it isn't too distracting and the club actually works for me.

Back