White ferrules on black shafts?

OldandStiff

AlsoBald
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
What's your opinion on this?

Here's the dilemma - Bought a new Apex combo with shafts that are a bad fit for me. Have some Black PVD KBSs that I'm going to put on them. Bad shafts are pulled, everything is clean and prepped, but my ferrules and grips have hit a shipping delay and won't be here until Tues/Wed now. We have some good weather between now and then. I'm playing tomorrow and probably Sunday and Tuesday if it holds. I wanted to play the new clubs. End of the year and all, limited chances.

I have some white single ring collared ferrules that will work, and normally I think I might say, 'sure, why not?', and just roll with them. The thing is I play white tour wraps on all my irons and something about solid white grips, black shafts, and a white ferrule feels like it might be too much. Gaudy-ish, or something. Anyone care to chime in on how they think that will look to someone not standing over the clubs??

Thanks

Last edited:
I agree with @Stemmy66 ... and I'm actually curious how it looks... might be cool.

Go play and see how they look. Why the hell not??

(You should also where a white belt and send pics :D)

What's you opinion on this?

Here's the dilemma - Bought a new Apex combo with shafts that are a bad fit for me. Have some Black PVD KBSs that I'm going to put on them. Bad shafts are pulled, everything is clean and prepped, but my ferrules and grips have hit a shipping delay and won't be here until Tues/Wed now. We have some good weather between now and then. I'm playing tomorrow and probably Sunday and Tuesday if it holds. I wanted to play the new clubs. End of the year and all, limited chances.

I have some white single ring collared ferrules that will work, and normally I think I might say, 'sure, why not?', and just roll with them. The thing is I play white tour wraps on all my irons and something about solid white grips, black shafts, and a white ferrule feels like it might be too much. Gaudy-ish, or something. Anyone care to chime in on how they think that will look to someone not standing over the clubs??

Thanks

I think I have a hopkins wedge with that exact setup. Black shaft, white cord grip and white ferrule. Will check when I get home and try and remember to get a photo up.

I would do it. It sounds like it could look fantastic.

I look at this as a personal preference.... If it looks cool to you... who cares!

That's the problem. I don't know if it will look cool to me. Over the ball I don't think it will bother me or anything, but I'm hesitant to do them all and then see myself in video and think 'that guys trying a just little too hard'. lol

Go play and see how they look. Why the hell not??

(You should also where a white belt and send pics :D)

Yeah. This is amplifying my dilemma. I almost always wear a white belt. Just look at the Live Round thread. White shoes, white belt, & white hat are all very common for me...

And I love how everyone is like, 'just go for it'. lol Would you guys really want to redo them again in only a week if it didn't work out?!

Last edited:
I think I have a hopkins wedge with that exact setup. Black shaft, white cord grip and white ferrule. Will check when I get home and try and remember to get a photo up.

I'd be curious to see that. I'm having a really hard time picturing it because I've never seen someone game that setup.

Yeah. This is amplifying my dilemma. I almost always wear a white belt. Just look at the Live Round thread. White shoes, white belt, & white hat are all very common for me...

And I love how everyone is like, 'just go for it'. lol Would you guys really want to redo them again in only a week if it didn't work out?!
I would, but I don't mind working on clubs. Honestly, they sound cool with the white 2g tour wraps

I'd be curious to see that. I'm having a really hard time picturing it because I've never seen someone game that setup.

Think it looks pretty great.

8182e1ebe15d985e3d83746da83127ff.jpg

5235d6c6617908378c0d5ae20a998340.jpg

Think it looks pretty great.

8182e1ebe15d985e3d83746da83127ff.jpg

5235d6c6617908378c0d5ae20a998340.jpg

That looks okay. Those look like longer ferrules than what I have (7/8"?0. I think mine are 5/8". I don't know if I'll love it long-term, but the grips aren't even here yet either, so screw it. I'll put them on and play them tomorrow with the old grips. See what I think. Wife's about to go to sleep, so what else do I have to do?

I think the look is very unique. If you don’t mind the white break at the hosel, I’d go for it.

I think the look is very unique. If you don’t mind the white break at the hosel, I’d go for it.

20191114_105059.jpg

It is pretty dramatic. I guess I'll find out if I mind it in a couple hours.

I like it, but I am not shy about dramatic looks.

I like it. I think colored ferrules adds a bit of personal flavor to a club

I think the white grip/ferrule combo is baller! enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think it looks good. As long as looking down on the ball at address it doesn't bother you it should be fine.

vlcsnap-2019-11-14-19h06m09s223 (2).png

I think it looks pretty good from an off-the-ball perspective. Over the ball takes some getting used to. It makes everything seem a little bulky when you're looking down on it.

Looks great with the white grips.

Back