Who are the most under achieving pros?

Parrot

Down to the banana republics . . .
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Who under-performs their talent the most? Fowler? Rose? Rahm? Finau? Scott? Fleetwood?

Fowler.

Fowler and Cantlay. Cantlay was supposed to be incredible, but injuries killed his chances. he's shown recently how good he can be. Fowler because he has the talent to win a lot, is a fantastic putter, but has just struggled for some reason to close tournaments.

Fowler and it’s not even close. He is so good and is near the top in a ton of categories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rickie ******* Fowler.

Fowler......and I don't think its close. Sorry Rickie

1579208464090.png

I think Ricky has been the most disappointing for how good he is. He should be a multiple major winner by now with his overall game and he has just 5 career victories to show for it.

As much as I like him I too have to go with Rickie. Hoping he will figure something out and get a major or two and a few more wins.

Rickie with only 5 PGA wins and no majors. But he has a Players and has contended in all the Majors, so we expect more. On Parrot's list, I find the inclusion of Rose and Scott interesting because both have underachieved at least in respect to Majors.

Fowler then Fleetwood

I think it might be Finau. One win (at the PR Open with a limited field) despite all the top 10s and 5s.

I think it might be Finau. One win (at the PR Open with a limited field) despite all the top 10s and 5s.
I don't think so. The guy was an unknown, no college golf, and no means growing up that most of these guys had. He fought his way through the mini tours, through swing changes, Monday qualifiers, etc, and managed to make a name for himself on tour. I think his time is still yet to come.

I hate to say it because he's a home town hero for me... but I agree with Fowler. He has all the game he needs, yet pulls up short year after year.

While I am not surprised everyone says Fowler. I always wonder why? He has achieved exactly to his level in my mind. Over-hyped maybe. Thats just because he has a good personality and is likable. But he has not under achieved based on skill level.

That would 100% be Adam Scott or Sergio Garcia.

I going with Phil, second most 2nd places in majors, in his career (37) 2nd place (27) 3rd place in 621 tourneys - over 10% close but no cigar. I bet the dudes missed more putts inside of 3 feet than half the pro's have for total putts in their career.

Sergio Garcia for me

Love Rickie but I agree that he has underachieved. Not sure what the deal is, just doesn’t win frequently enough.

Rickie for me and he's one of my favorite golfers. Love watching him play, just rarely finishes strong. Even though Waste Management last year was a great finish with his drop debacle on 11.

As much as I hate it, Fowler. He just seems to play 1 or 2 solid rounds then 1 mediocre or bad round. Always seems to be the 2nd or 3rd round and is not even in contention on Sundays.

I'm going to just pile on here and say Fowler. It's hard not to come back to him each time this topic comes up.

Back