Who are the most under achieving pros?

Fowler, Fleetwood, Speith (recent game) imo. Fowler's got a real good career of top 10, top 20 finishes, but he can't close the deal.

Speith, I really did think he'd storm back and show something last year, but he's struggling with just basic swings.... his driver has always been his downfall.

Fleetwood, I really expected to win more at this point.. He should be competing weekly, not just once or twice a season

It’s awful competitive on the PGA tour so it’s hard to call it under achieving. That said I would say Fowler. He has the game but seems to lack the killer instinct.

I am surprised by all the replies about Fowler "underachieving". By Tour pro standards his golf swing technique has some flaws and he does not strike full shots as consistently solid or accurate as most of the other top pros. In terms of wins, and certainly money earned, I think Rickie has overachieved. Basically, like Crenshaw and Faxon before him, Rickie is a sensational putter.
For under achieving I think of names like Adam Scott, Justin Rose and Sergio Garcia; all exceptionally good tee-to-green players who have have had putting consistency problems that prevented them from winning more tournaments.

I going with Phil, second most 2nd places in majors, in his career (37) 2nd place (27) 3rd place in 621 tourneys - over 10% close but no cigar. I bet the dudes missed more putts inside of 3 feet than half the pro's have for total putts in their career.

Someone else mentioned It, but Lefty was up against Tiger in his prime. I think he’s got a pretty impressive record for someone who was always just playing for 2nd place.

I'm going different (and because I'm from Australia) - Jason Day.

This guy bombs it off the tee, has one of the most amazing short games around, and is one of the best putters in the world. And, after getting to no. 1 in the world, has put the cue back in the rack.

This might be the best answer here. Day has a lot of back issues which I think is the cause, but he‘s such a good all around player, it’s a real shame he hasn’t done better, longer.

Fowler followed by Garcia and Scott.

Charles Howell. I know he’s a human ATM on making cuts but I sure thought he’d have a ton more wins and a major or 2 by now.

I'm not qualified to answer that question. How would I know the real potential of these players? What would qualify me to evaluate their mental, physical, and emotional capacity? Much less from afar. I think I'll pass.

Underachieving: Ricky
Overachieving: ZJ

Fowler and Kuchar

I feel like Bryson gets a lot of praise but more often then not it doesn’t seem like he is at the top of a lot of leaderboards.

Rickie. Xander is starting to get on the radar for really friggin good and not really do much.

I feel like Bryson gets a lot of praise but more often then not it doesn’t seem like he is at the top of a lot of leaderboards.
Sort of shocked to see Bryson. Dude has 5 wins, two of which were playoff events, in 3 or 4 full seasons on tour.

Louis Oosthuizen.

Back