Who can play when sick?

mski

Reaction score
Handicap
9 USGA
I know I can't. I have no concentration or focus. No matter how hard I try and think I do....nope!
Tried to play Wednesday in my golf league. Had 3 ob and 2 unplayables on the way to a 13 over 48. Usually I shoot 38-40.
Was going to play today with my one brother but figured I'd save my money because it would be a waste of a round.

I got one heck of a cold that started Tuesday and is hopefully on its way out in the next day.

Depends what I'm sick with.

Depends on how sick I am... if its just a cough and sniffles. no issue

I don't mind too much. I can sit on the couch and feel sorry for myself for 5 hours or go out and have fun for 5 hours...either way I'm feeling like garbage.

Who can play when sick?

Me "sick" yes. Re 2015 gauntlet haha

I've walked 18 with a 101 temp. Was not fun, would I do it again......maybe. Didn't shot that bad, I'm thinking 87.

I don't play if I'm feeling under the weather.

As long as I don't have to be sprinting to the bathroom every 10 minutes I can play sick.

I can play sick and hungover as hell, just can't play when I'm feeling like I'm about to **** my pants every 3 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been hit with man flu for the last 3 or 4 days. Nothing could be further from my mind than playing golf this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A head cold....no big deal, I'm golfing. Aches, pain, fever, run down, got the trots any of these or combination....no way no golf

Depends on how sick I am... if its just a cough and sniffles. no issue
To me that's not sick. Sick is when you don't feel good; like when it causes you to be achy.

I don't get sick too often. What's more likely to stop me from playing are muscle pulls/strains. I have one in the middle of my back under my right shoulder blade that has bothered me for a few days. The kind that hurts when you sneeze. Which sucks right now because allergies are killing me right now.

I know I can play hungover..

A long as it's not a fever or bad cold I'm good all the time

If it's just a simple cold I usually play better because I'm not "feeling it" and slow things down. Light bulb? Nope...too much fun to be had out there.

It depends how sick I am. I've learned to function at a high level when sick of injured.

99% of the time I will go golf. I can usually deal with it.

Indigestion though, that is another story!

I've had some good rounds where I've been sick. Fever and cold, not the flu or anything serious.

I have played some of my best golf in less than ideal circumstances. Usually it keeps me from overthinking things. But I have found that I can play really bad when feeling great or horrible physically.

If I am sick, it's the strangest thing....I can go out and play golf just fine....but work? No way, I have to stay in bed like a little kid and have my wife take care of me. :bulgy-eyes:

Do hang overs count? I've played with major hang overs and either it can go horribly bad or I actually play very good lol.

Is "sick" a codeword for hangover? :act-up: If so, then I can play while sick. Just kidding.

Golfing with influenza is not a wise decision. Playing with a chest or head cold is doable but not enjoyable.

Back