Who can shoot their age?

OLDPRO46

Head Golf Professional
Reaction score
I turned 71 in June and have been a Head Professional since 1976. My goal for 2016 was to shoot my age or better on my course(Par 71) from the Blues, Whites and Gold.

So far I've succeeded from the Golds:blob: several times and have come oh so close from the Whites and Blues only to blow it in the end:at-wits-end:.

I alternate Tees every day I play, so I can focus and commit to the challenge at hand whether it be from the Blues, Whites or Gold and it has been a Great Deal of Fun.

Share if you care to.:thankyou:

Not yet but I'm getting closer every year!

Sure,but then I have 7 holes to go.

i did it in exactly 10 holes the other day

I've done it in 9 hole rounds a few times. Being in your mid 30's isn't exactly conducive to shooting your age in a full round unless you're the head of North Korea. :alien:

I've done it once... on a single hole

I will be ecstatic when I shoot my age on 9 holes. I still have a few years to go though.

Nope not even close, couldn't even shoot double my age

I can shoot under my age for 9 holes, but being that I turn 43 next week I can't see me shooting my age for 18 holes for a few years yet.....

If I can shoot my age for each 9 (or a combined total of twice my age for 18) then I am playing to my handicap, so that is my aim for now

Do it in 9 holes all the time, basically impossible to shoot my age for a round...unless we are talking about putts. :alien:

At 63 I'm a few years away from accomplishing that!

For 9 holes I could. Or if I'm playing putt-putt. ?

Many more years until it's possible for 18 holes.

I've shot my age every time out. Then I play the 7th, 8th, 9th or 10th hole hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm 35, so i guess it's feasible to do it for 9 holes. i've never done it on a par 36 though.

9 Holes? 36, no problem.

Hopefully when I am in my 70's I can shoot my age, that would be one heck of an accomplishment!

I managed to accomplish this for 9 holes last year with a 31. It'll be a while before i can give the 18 hole challenge a run but I've enjoyed some of the stories I've read about others doing so. I've got a few local friends who are exceptional golfers trying to achieve it at 66 and another at 68. It's so cool to see that kind of continuance of skill at that age.

I can! On 9 holes. lol

I'm 34, and can shoot 34.......at my 9 hole local course......which is a par 31.

~Rock

I guess I have 2 chances every round since I'm 35.

Being 43, I am a long way off from being able to shot my age for 18 holes. When I was in my 30's. I shot my age for 9 holes at age 32.

One of my regular golf partners is in his mid to late 60's and has shot his age for 18 since he was 63. This year he has shot his age or better at least 4 times that I have played with him.

I have another golfing buddy that is 81 and he routinely beats his age by 7 or more strokes. In his late 70's he was shooting his age from the white tees.

I might be able to shoot a 26 on a 9 hole putt putt course

Just on 9 holes.

Back