Who carries two of the same numbered clubs in their bag?

TLuke

Reaction score
Handicap
None
I have a TE 7 iron wood that can get cranky at times, and a Integra iDrive 7 hybrid that is pretty reliable from the rough and bump and run shots. How about you?

I’ve done it plenty of times, typically in the 4/5 spot, Be it a 5i and 5h because hybrids are typically longer distance than their iron counterparts, or even two 4i or 5i when one is a players cb and the other a GI/SGI used as a utility.

Numbers on the sole as well as the loft numbers of the clubs don’t matter, distance gaps matter

I have a 20* hybrid and a 20* utility iron. My original goal was to carry just one, but I've found that each has distinct benefits.

I have my set 4i and then a more forgiving and lighter graphite shafted 4i I use mainly off the tee on tight par 4's.

I have 2 6 irons right now. One is a Titleist T300 and one is a Titleist 718 CB.

I have a regular 4wood and a 17 degree TM Hi launch 3 wood. It is super stupid. I dont hit the regular 3 worth a crap and kill with the other one.

Not currently but in the past I had a 3-iron (steel shaft, 21 degrees, 39") and a 3-hybrid (graphite shaft, 19 degrees, 40") in the bag at the same time. They had totally different ballflights and the 3-hybrid was about 12-15 yards longer.

I have done this a bit, but only in Driver. Carried two drivers before. One for swinging away and the other higher lofted for tight fairways.

5 Iron and 5 hybrid. Hybrid goes a bit farther and the Iron goes lower.

I currently carry a Epic Forged 6 iron (24*) and a 5H (24*) The 5H fills the gap between the 6 iron and the 4H perfectly.

I knew a guy, years ago, who had a set of irons up through the PW and then two "sand wedges". I asked him what lofts and he said, "This one is 57 and the other one was 56 but I had it bent to 57".

Dude had magical touch from 50 yards in so the wedge obviously did their jobs. Around the practice green I watched him for 20 minutes hitting pitch shots over a bunker with whichever it was of the 57-degree sand wedges. It was hypnotic, he'd hit one shot after another that would roll up and nestle next to the previous ball. After half a dozen shots, he'd move to a different distance and make another beautiful little cluster on another part of the green.

He told me his key to a good short game was soft hands, steady tempo and repetition. Lots and lots of repetition. Of course he'd been playing golf since he was three years old which I think helped a lot.

I don't but I know a guy who carries 3 putters. He has one that is a triangle and is about 25 inches and is for 4 foot and in. He never misses...and I mean never. Side straddle and just jams it. Then he has two other putters. One for 4 foot to about 20... and then one for lagging. He is a notorious player in the GAP. Golf Assoc Philly. He has won many events and championships.

Alex Rodriguez carries 4 4 irons. Fake news but was a story this year.

1596113830853.png

Same loft would be one thing, but same number could be a number doesn't always equal loft.

Currently went back to my OLD Hogan Edge Ft. Worth's (for confidence reasons- they just feel right) and kept the 3I (21*), also have the Hogan Ft. Worth Hi 3 @ 18*. That gets used more as a driving Iron.

I have a 5wd and a 5 iron. I guess that counts.

Same loft would be one thing, but same number could be a number doesn't always equal loft.

Even the same loft could be inconsequential.

I have a 4 iron and an equivalent loft rescue for different lies etc. and use one vs the other based on how I am feeling and how I am striping it that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Callaway Sure Out 58* because I'm terrible in the sand, and the club helps, and a standard 58* wedge for the short chips.

The Sure Out actually works pretty well as a wedge outside of the bunkers, but I prefer a Vokey.

tour 3w and a 3w...

31* 7i
31* 7h
The 7 Hybrid gets me more distance, and is easier to make good contact with, and is a great club to carry 150 yards over crud.

The last time I went to AZ I took an extra 7 iron for desert shots, so I wouldn't mess up my gamers......

Same as MrDC.

Cleveland 58* smart sole S for amazingly effortless reliable sand outs, and a 58* PM grind for chips and floppy magic from the short side.

31* 7i = 150yds
31* 7h = 160yds, easier to make good contact

no irons/hybrids with same number currently but at some point want to try an Epic Forged 5i with no intention of it replacing my Apex 5i but rather it would replace my Apex 4h.

Back