• Worse (so you look good)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AndyL0711

I Need To Play Some Golf!!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
do you want to play with guys your handicap, better or worse (so you look good).

my competitive side says better and then when they're kicking my ass i want to play with guys that stink....lol

I’m one of the better players in my groups with a 13 so I love playing with better golfers. That said, I also love seeing my buddies get super pumped when they break 100. It’s a universal game and it’s awesome!

Nothing better than a 1v1 match or a 4-player skins game where everyone is the same skill level (within a couple strokes).

None of this handicap, begging for strokes nonsense. Most of those matches are won/lost at the negotiating table.

I like playing with all skill levels. Doesn’t really matter to me as long as it’s a good time. We are golfing, so it’s bound to be a good time:)

I don't mind playing with anyone or any ability.
But....I do notice my game elevating when I play with someone better than I am.

I voted for my skill level but I really don't care overall. I'll play with any skill level. If I'm playing a match though it's most fun for me to play against someone at my skill level. A one on one that purely comes down to execution and handling pressure is a blast.

It's probably colored by how good you are, and how good you are compared to your usual playing partners. I like playing with anyone, but I'm with @ArmyGolf on the even skill levels. That's a really fun way to play, because on any given day two (or more) equal golfers can take really different routes to the same score and it just fuels a really competitive vibe.

competitive drive says better players and i dont care if i get beat i just want to compete.

Given the choice a better player. There's a chance they'll have a swing tip that can help me out.

Given the choice I chose better, I can always learn or pick up something from guys/gals like that. Fun to watch them get around the course and see the decisions they make.

Given those three selections I picked better than me. That is how you get better. That said generally I don't care that much as long as people play reasonably quickly. I am a 4 index at the moment. Generally I play at my club with people within 5-7 strokes of my handicap. Most of my games are with people that are 8 and below. They are willing to play the back tees which I like to play. I do move up tees when I join up with people that want to play those tees but when I arrange games it is with the crowd that want to play the back tees and there aren't a ton of strokes being given.

I chose better. I often play with a few + handicaps and a 1. They tend to keep me level headed by not allowing me to get too up or too down on myself. I'm learning a lot from them and it has helped my game a lot over the last month. Look forward to learning more from them.

I have no problems playing with worse players than myself. But if it was "gun to my head, choose one for the rest of your life", it's play with better players solely for the educational aspect.

Better players by a long shot. Playing with (not against) better players brings out my better golf game. I tend to focus better.

There's also the fact that I am not embarrassed by my own game, since it's a little better than average as it is.

I also enjoy seeing the quality golf shots being made by the better golfer.

I love playing with better players because they push me to keep up, but I enjoy playing with beginners to see them excited to overcome the challenges of the game.

My most frequent playing partners are all around my same skill level. On any given day any one of us could “win”. We’re all just hoping to break 100. I kind of like it that way. I haven’t found any benefit to playing with better players, but I’m rarely paying much attention to the play of others anyway.

When our larger group gets together a couple of times a year, all the other guys are significantly better players. A few of them are usually flirting with par. I like playing with them for the social aspect, but I always feel like the little brother that mom forced the older brother to take along.

I will play with anyone, I don't care what their handicap is or how good / bad they are

i absolutely LOVE playing with better players. some of the best rounds i've played have been with better players. i feel like i learn so much from them. and also learn that i have no idea how they do a lot of what they're able to do.

If I'm playing match play, I like to play with someone that is about my same handicap level. Last weekend, I played with a guy my same level, and we both had great days, and the match came down to a putt on the 18th. It was pretty fun.

Just golfing for fun, or in a group of people, I don't care if they are better or worse. Although, I do pay attention to the scratch golfers to see how they navigate around the course, and how they can make certain things look routine.

It really doesn't matter to me. As long as they play at a good pace, I am fine with any skill level. I play with a guy two or three days a week that always shots around 100. He rides and I walk so the pace move along well. I learned a long time ago to just play my game whether I am playing with better, same or worse players.

Always with better players. They help elevate my game.

I want to play with anyone that understands what ready golf is and wants to have a enjoyable day. I have had some of my most enjoyable rounds with players far worse and far better than me. I have also had some very annoying round with players far worse and far better than me.

It is fun to be around golfers that have better skills and I do tend to play better with golfers that have equal or better skills but. As far as wants, I just want to play with those that love the game.

I will pass on the dude bros that hit on the cart girls, and want to just get slammed on the course.

I voted "better" for the selfish reason that it seems to elevate my game - but in reality, I'll play with anybody no matter their handicap, as long as they're enjoyable to be around.

Back