Who else plays a Low Compression ball?

PatsFan

Jedi Knight
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Low like under 60?

I play the Soffli (30) and I'm testing the gamer soft and I am really interest in the Project S (60) ball that is brand new also.

I can't find a compression # for the Gamer soft but have heard good things about them.

Fingerz

Reaction score
Handicap
Snow!
I play a 50 usually in the fall and winter months. The times that I've played it in the summer months, it was like hitting a marshmallow!

Daddio

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
If CS18 is under 60 then I do now? If og CS or CS** were under 60, then I used to? I love the feel and performance but I never researched the compression numbers.

russtopher

Reaction score
Love the Duo and SoftFli.

I wasn’t a fan of the OG SuperSoft but I hear its improved a lot. I wouldn’t mind giving it another chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beeez

Reaction score
Are compression numbers universal across all manufacturers or are they just specific to a given brand? I’m experimenting with the Q star tour this year and maybe the AVX as I find the Pro V1 to still be a little firm for my taste still although I love its green side control.

tgtt

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I mostly play the Duo which definitely qualifies and I think the Duo Urethane does as well at 55 (maybe)...

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

Shakey

#TheGolfWhisperer
Reaction score
Handicap
10.7 Index
Duo Soft is my normal gamer, but I think I'm starting to like a little bit firmer ball.

gmiller598

Par 3 Net Zero
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm really digging the Duo Soft Optix right now. I like the matte finish and the feel was really good. I'm not a really strong hitter at this point. I also play the Srixon Q Star Tour which is a 75 compression but feels pretty soft to me but the Duo Soft is my ball of choice at the moment.

campilobaxter

Mustachioed Root Vegetable
Albatross 2020 Club Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Are compression numbers universal across all manufacturers or are they just specific to a given brand? I’m experimenting with the Q star tour this year and maybe the AVX as I find the Pro V1 to still be a little firm for my taste still although I love its green side control.
They are not universal. That's something we learned at Staff Proto when talking to Wilson's ball guru Frank Simonetti.

fistfullofbeer

Akshay ("Ak" + "Shay")
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
20's
Been playing the Duo Soft Optix during the summer. I have been very impressed by this ball.

WMac19

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Duo-U here, love it.

Space Bandito

Sultan of Santa Monica
Reaction score
Handicap
a toddler
Huge fan of the Duo Optix. Not my regular ball, but it definitely finds its way into the rotation these days.

buckeyewalt

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I too play the Duo during the cold months and early spring. My SS is such that I don't have to worry too much about it.

Papa82260

Reaction score
Handicap
I've been playing the Q Star Tour since it came out but recently received a 4 ball trial pack of the new Project (a) from Dick's Sporting Goods. Can't wait to try them out.

Maric

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm alternating between Duo and Callaway Supersoft right now, trying to find which works better for me.

Rambler

Reaction score
Handicap
9.9, so 10
Who else plays a Low Compression ball?

I've played primarily low compression golf balls for the past three seasons... Duo, Duo Spin, Duo U (and some of those newer versions). Might be moving to a more firm option after seeing some potential gains off the tee.

Last edited:

Otis32

Reaction score
Handicap
Play Srixon Soft Feel (60 comp.) during colder weather. Played the Duo some in previous years but struggled with distance control (could really jump off the club with wedges/short irons).

Normal gamer is the Srixon QStar tour(75 comp.). Great ball and great compromise with the standard tour ball being at 90 or above...

Canio

RIP Mario 2006-2012
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm alternating between Duo and Callaway Supersoft right now, trying to find which works better for me.
I have played the Duo, but now I find myself playing the Callaway SS which I really like!

robrandalgz

AKA skinsccalper
Reaction score
Handicap
Callaway SS player checking in.

Brucem609

Rum Afficianado
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I play the Volvik and it feels fine to me. It says 80, but I get more distance than other balls with my swing speed. I am 94 with my driver but it’s the longest straightest ball I have tried in years

drinkinbeery

Bloody AmaTeur
Reaction score
Handicap
15.5 Grint
Been playing a lot of Duo Soft Optix. At times I'm really in love with it but other times I really don't like looking down at a "colored" ball for some reason. I think the best compromise is the Duo Spin which is still really soft.

gmiller598

Par 3 Net Zero
Reaction score
Handicap
Been playing a lot of Duo Soft Optix. At times I'm really in love with it but other times I really don't like looking down at a "colored" ball for some reason. I think the best compromise is the Duo Spin which is still really soft.
Have you tried just the regular white Duo Soft or the Duo Soft Spin? I haven't seen the Soft Spin around to try. I only have 1 golf shop locally that seems to carry Wilson balls and I only recall seeing the Optix in the shop.

Mach2

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 9.0
Play either W/S Duo Soft, 29 comp., or Pinnacle Soft, 35 comp. I think. Playing Top Flite Gamer Urethane tomorrow and will reply again on the feel, performance, flight and hit, hop & stop qualities after the round.

rallo

#FYF
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
goodenough
I have always played them in the colder months, seems to make my game a little more consistent. This year it will be Wilson Duo soft in the matte color finishes.

lil'mike

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
coffee
Tried the Cally Super Soft, Srixon Soft Feel and the Duo's for a few rounds. I liked the Super Soft's the best and the other two were similar but I would give the nod to the Soft Feel's.

I gave a few to a golfing buddy that kept hitting them too far on his approach shots or short par 3's as he would be over the green on the fly so he had to club down one when using them with his old X-20 irons!

I have a couple left that I will play this spring (if it gets here) or fall! Yeah currently still snowing!

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in