Who has had an albatross?

Sadly no albatross. Or even an eagle for that matter. Oh well, maybe one day. Probably not though. lol

No albatross for me and the clock is running out. My three closest calls left me about 5 feet for eagle. Do have a single (fugly) HiO though.

Last edited:
The now defunct golf course Shawnee Municipal in Dunbar WV. 7th hole. I was playing with some older guys that used to give me hell as I was learning to play. It was listed at 433 from the from tees. Back tees played around 480. Solid drive to the right edge of the fairway and I figured I'd give it a try. Elevated green with bunkers all around the front that had free drops because they weren't maintained and were full of rocks. I pull a 5 wood and make perfect contact. I knew I had hit it well but didn't think the result was good. I thought it went long. They looked at me stunned and said it went it. I called them a few select names and we carried our bags to the green. I walked around the backside of the green thinking it went into the high grass. They let me look for about 5 minutes before one of them grabbed it out of the hole and threw it at me. I didn't check the hole. :)

I've never had an albatross, but when I was in the Navy, sailing across the Pacific Ocean, an albatross followed our ship for three days, eating the fish that got churned up by the ship's screws. It stayed about 100 yards astern, wings spread, just gliding along. It was a wonderful thing to have seen.

Back