Who has had the most disappointing year? Rory-Rickie-Bubba?

JTnumbers

College Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 0.2
Of the 3 listed, which one has had the most disappointing year? All things should be accounted for.

Has to be Rory.

Rory, just because he was top 5 and did little.
Rickie had a pretty darn awful year considering the hype coming into this year after getting his 1st win.

Rory for sure.

Rory and I don't think it is much of a debate.

I'd go Rory for the all the hype and coming off his huge 2nd half of 2012.

Bubba is what Bubba is in my mind. I've never expected him to be a 2-3 win per year guy, instead he is just a guy.

Rory hands down.

He was expected to perform much much better than he did this year.

The lack of performance from the other two, was dare I say, predictable.

With their being more pressure to suceed following a huge Nike contract Rory is by far a bigger disapointment. Fact is he is a top tier golfer in the world. Its a longer fall for someone like him than Rickey who really hasnt got to Rory's level yet. We expect to Rory on the leader board every week we see him and he just hasnt been there.

Rory had the most on course success compared to the other 2. But it was underwhelming. Bubba got to keep his green jacket, he will always be a major winner. Rickie gets my vote. When the only thing you can say is that you had a hot back 9 on a Saturday once.

Rory had the most on course success compared to the other 2. But it was underwhelming. Bubba got to keep his green jacket, he will always be a major winner. Rickie gets my vote. When the only thing you can say is that you had a hot back 9 on a Saturday once.
Hey, I say that all the time. :(

Rory, hand down...mostly because expectations were so high.

Rory. To not finish in the Top 30 this year after the build up he has had over the last few seasons is crazy

The reason I throw Rickie and Bubba in the discussion is because they both are being marketed as top tier PGA Tour golfers, and neither even made the premier event in Atlanta. This was supposed to be 'Rickie's Year' to kind of break out and become a star. Instead, he's played his normal so-so, I got hot one month, golf and it's made me really worried for his future. Bubba because people thought he would thrive off the Master's win and he's only contended in what, 1 tournament? The Traveler's? At least Rickie was "In the discussion" multiple times.

Have to go with Rory especially after coming from last year. Yeah we can say it was his equipment change but comon if your that good a golfer that shouldn't matter. He did hit a golf ball in a washmachine at 200 yards so his equipment looked good there.

The reason I throw Rickie and Bubba in the discussion is because they both are being marketed as top tier PGA Tour golfers, and neither even made the premier event in Atlanta. This was supposed to be 'Rickie's Year' to kind of break out and become a star. Instead, he's played his normal so-so, I got hot one month, golf and it's made me really worried for his future. Bubba because people thought he would thrive off the Master's win and he's only contended in what, 1 tournament? The Traveler's? At least Rickie was "In the discussion" multiple times.
I don't think Rickie or Bubba will ever be "top tier" on tour. I dought Adam Scott and Tiger pay to close attention to where those guys are on the leader board.

Rory by a long shot.

Rickie is the Anna Kournikova of golf. Great marketability but ultimately doesn't get the job done.

Bubba I figured because he was more concerned with his off the course activities. He moved from Scottsdale to Florida. Adopted the kid. He's Duval at this point.

Rors for sure. He comes in after lighting up everyone end of last year and being World No. 1, and then proceeds to not win a single tournament this year.

I don't think Rickie or Bubba will ever be "top tier" on tour. I dought Adam Scott and Tiger pay to close attention to where those guys are on the leader board.
Honestly, I don't think that's what any "top tier" tour player does. I don't think they look at leaderboards and say, "Oh, I wonder where Snedeker is right now." The only time I could see that happening was when Tiger was blowing fields away. Everyone would ask, "How's Tiger doing?" Not now though.

I dont think we could even call Rickie's year so/so could we? This was one of, if not his worst, as a professional.

The level of disappointment is determined by expectations. Expectations were naturally higher for Rory than for Ricky or Bubba, so I definitely have to go with Rory. His performance this year just wasn't at the level one would expect from a World #1, or to follow last year.

Rickie is immensely popular, and he continued to meet expectations. Bubba ... well, Bubba met expectations too, in his own <expletive deleted> way.

Honestly, I don't think that's what any "top tier" tour player does. I don't think they look at leaderboards and say, "Oh, I wonder where Snedeker is right now." The only time I could see that happening was when Tiger was blowing fields away. Everyone would ask, "How's Tiger doing?" Not now though.
If your a Top tier guy withing 5 on Sunday, ill guarantee they size up the guys on the leaderboard ahead of them.

I dont think we could even call Rickie's year so/so could we? This was one of, if not his worst, as a professional.

If we're going to go on Money. Yes, this is his worst year on Tour. But, he's also played 6 less events then he did his Rookie year. I think his Rookie year was his worst.

If your a Top tier guy withing 5 on Sunday, ill guarantee they size up the guys on the leaderboard ahead of them.

I really doubt that actually. Why would you want to psych yourself out of playing well on Sunday? If it were me, I wouldn't care who is on the leaderboard. I'm out there to play the best round of golf I can.

Well if your behind John Daly come Sunday then you sleep alot better than if your behind Adam or Tiger or any other top player. Guaranteed.

Back