Who have you brought to THP?

gkeller813

#UsGotThis
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I was recently thinking about @NateG<80 and how I talked him into joining THP. Then I started to think about others, and who they may have influenced to join this great community. So, start your THP chain. You might have one level like me, or a few levels, like if you got somebody to join, then they got another, you'd have 2 levels. Might be fun to see who is connected to whom...

My Chain:

Me
1. @NateG<80
1a.

2a.

I was recently thinking about @NateG<80 and how I talked him into joining THP. Then I started to think about others, and who they may have influenced to join this great community. So, start your THP chain. You might have one level like me, or a few levels, like if you got somebody to join, then they got another, you'd have 2 levels. Might be fun to see who is connected to whom...

My Chain:

Me
1. @NateG<80
1a.

2a.

This is a great idea! Time for me to grow the chain 💪 @gkeller813, Thanks for opening my eyes to a whole new side of golf and the THP family.

I have tried multiple times to get people to join the forum. One golf buddy did create an account, and I bought him an Albatross membership. Not his thing. Recently I tried to engage some other local golf friends, three ladies I play golf with regularly. They claim they took a peak but no bueno for them. I have also brought up THP to my winter sim league partner multiple times. He hasn't shown any interest. I believe there is a specific subset of online forum type of golfers. My approach has changed. I do my thing and during golf activities bring up THP here and there. If anyone expresses an interest I will gently nudge. Otherwise, I play golf.

I've gotten 2 friends to join. One purchased an AC membership, one didn't. Neither are active anymore. Just don't understand.

I have tried multiple times to get people to join the forum. One golf buddy did create an account, and I bought him an Albatross membership. Not his thing. Recently I tried to engage some other local golf friends, three ladies I play golf with regularly. They claim they took a peak but no bueno for them. I have also brought up THP to my winter sim league partner multiple times. He hasn't shown any interest. I believe there is a specific subset of online forum type of golfers. My approach has changed. I do my thing and during golf activities bring up THP here and there. If anyone expresses an interest I will gently nudge. Otherwise, I play golf.

Sounds like you have been on the recruiting train! I applaud your effort.

I only know of one who has registered. He's not involved just yet, but I think he might lurk once in a while.

I went as far as to have some custom Epoch tees made up with thehackersparadise.com on one side and OGputtnfool on the other. I had them out once in a while. Come to think of it, I'm almost out. Need to order more.

I've gotten 2 friends to join. One purchased an AC membership, one didn't. Neither are active anymore. Just don't understand.
Have you told them about your trip to Utah for the Morgan Cup?

I only know of one who has registered. He's not involved just yet, but I think he might lurk once in a while.
Have to start some where. At least you are spreading the word!

I brought in my golfing buddy, he didn't want to go in for the AC, but now he's seriously thinking about it.

I brought in my golfing buddy, he didn't want to go in for the AC, but now he's seriously thinking about it.
I'd hope so after he sees those shiny new Cobras!

I'd hope so after he sees those shiny new Cobras!
You hit it right on the head. That's exactly why he is second guessing himself now!

Have you told them about your trip to Utah for the Morgan Cup?
Oh they know all about my trips. That's why I don't understand them. LOL!!!

Oh they know all about my trips. That's why I don't understand them. LOL!!!
Seriously. If my golfing buddy was given an opportunity like that I'd be all over it!

My wife and a couple others, but they mostly don't take part. Hoping to change that moving to a bigger area though. Bound to be some new golf acquaintances that need a little THP in their lives!!

Last edited:
Same as you. I've brought it up to multiple people I play golf with but they are the sort that "make fun" of me for tagging them in golf contests on instagram :LOL: so they probably aren't the type to discuss their love of golf on here like me. No worries though! Bunch of awesome people on here to engage with!

I've told many people about THP but to my knowledge none of them have joined.

I've told many friends about THP and to my knowledge none of them have joined. Even showing them the new shafts, EXO putter/ from The Odyssey Experience, balls. Even get asked "Where do you get all your information from?" Me; "From the THP forum I keep telling you about."

I tried to get one of my buddies to join and participate after he learned about the experiences - He made a profile, and has never said a word :cautious:

Back